[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - View Images

View Images

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

View Images

Postby lvsunz » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:30 pm

I am not able to see Styling/HTML images in downloaded Emails. I followed the instructions re the Message Pane from Help (see below) but when I click on Download Images for this Message Only, nothing is displayed. Would appreciate some help. Thank you.
Download images for this message only: this button works in tandem with Download Message Images option under View menu. When that option is disabled any messages you view in your Preview pane or the View window will not download images that are referenced externally. This is a very important privacy feature, as a lot of spam and certain mass mailouts track your reading habits with these embedded images. When you view such a message, the message requests an image to be displayed from an external web site run by the sender, which in turn logs exact time you read the message, and can even log your IP address from that request. For this reason, we strongly recommend disabling Download Message Images from the View menu. But often you will receive newsletters that will contain images that you want to see - in such cases just press Download images for this message only once and the images will be downloaded for that message only.
lvsunz
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:31 am

Does that happen with all emails you're receiving :?:
Sometimes I do get messages where those images don't display, but that's due to incorrect HTML coding. :?

Else it could be your firewall blocking those images or some other security app on your PC.

Also make sure no incoming filter is set to sanitize those messages, as well as the dropdown menu above the Preview pane where you can check those options too.
Or else an Event Ondisplay, if you've set one up.

Hope we'll find out what's wrong. ;)
Eric

View Images

Postby lvsunz » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:42 am

Eric,
Thanks again for another response.
It doesn't happen with all mail but I haven't been able to establish a pattern yet. I don't have a software firewall on my system currently; my wife & I have a LAN and use a router.

I haven't really gotten into Filters yet; I did check "Enable Automatic Junk Mail Filtering though." No Sanitizing. No Event on Display (?)

Since this doesn't happen on all mail, I wonder if I'm wrong about missing images. Maybe it's not HTML's I think are missing - maybe URL's?
lvsunz
Poco Tourist

Re: View Images

Postby Eric » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:46 am

lvsunz wrote:Eric,
Thanks again for another response.
You're most welcome. :wink:
It doesn't happen with all mail but I haven't been able to establish a pattern yet. I don't have a software firewall on my system currently; my wife & I have a LAN and use a router.
So only incoming trafic is blocked, no outgoing. Don't know what could cause it, since I don't know what's installed on your system.

Best would be to save some of those messages not yet downloaded into Poco and send them to Support for further investigation.
I haven't really gotten into Filters yet; I did check "Enable Automatic Junk Mail Filtering though." No Sanitizing. No Event on Display (?)
A bit of topic, but since it's your first start I'll inform you on the Event OnDisplay, which can protect your folders, like In, Junk & Trash or another.

Since this doesn't happen on all mail, I wonder if I'm wrong about missing images. Maybe it's not HTML's I think are missing - maybe URL's?
Could be something is missing in that HTML or incorrect coding. If you do have the knowledge, you could have a look at the source.

Hope that helps. ;)
Eric

View Images

Postby lvsunz » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:38 am

Eric,
Thanks for your continued support- and education. The Event on Display sounds pretty powerful.

"Best would be to save some of those messages not yet downloaded into Poco and send them to Support for further investigation."
[i]

Re above, are you suggesting that I view or leave mail on Server so they're available to send before downloading?
lvsunz
Poco Tourist

Re: View Images

Postby Eric » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:21 am

lvsunz wrote:Eric,
Thanks for your continued support- and education. The Event on Display sounds pretty powerful.
My pleasure lvsunz. ;)
Indeed those events are pretty powerful and there's a lot more to discover. 8)
Re above, are you suggesting that I view or leave mail on Server so they're available to send before downloading?
Sorry, I meant that you don't download those messages into Poco, so best leave mail on server for a while.
Next you can save those messages through your webmail interface, if you do have that feature :?:
This way Support will receive unprocessed messages. :)
Eric

View Images

Postby lvsunz » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:24 am

OK Eric, I'll try that.
lvsunz
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:14 am

Hi, as Eric said, if you didn't do so already, you could try to submit a support ticket through menu Help > Email support.

(Very rarely but might happen that LAN adapter settings will prevent images to be downloaded - but if I understood correctly, in your case it's not only images but any kind of html/styling.)
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

View images

Postby lvsunz » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:18 pm

Thank you Tomas.
lvsunz
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To