[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - error message - 5.0.0

error message - 5.0.0

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

error message - 5.0.0

Postby DaveP » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:55 pm

I have been using Pocomail since 2002, (I had to look that up, :D ) but this is a first for me.

I attempted to send an email to a new customer, and received this error message:" 5.0.0 Need RCPT (recipient) "

I then attempted to send another email to another individual in the same company (domain address) and got the same error message.

I can successfully send an email to that address (domain) using my personal email address (Sympatico).

Any ideas? The only thing I can think of is that my webhosting service (Bell Webhosting) may be using spam blocking lists and blocking the domain.

Thanks,
Dave P

Addendum: I tried the Bell Webhosting webmail today, with the same result, so the problem is not Pocomail related.
DaveP
Poco Tourist

Postby chrisretusn » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:31 am

I have two providers that require that I first POP my account first before sending. This is where the server records the IP address a valid POP when the server receives. With a SMTP request it validates the sending IP against the recorded POP IP addresses. If there is a match the send is allowed. No match your will get that error.

That error ".0.0 Need RCPT (recipient) " is an indication that your server may be using POP before SMTP validation. This requires that you first must do a receive before send.

Try checking messages on that server first. Then try sending. Most servers that use this scheme for validation only keep the receiving IP address for around 15 to 60 minutes after that time expires the IP record is dropped and POP'ing the account is required again before being allow to send.

The error could also be an indication of a server problem too.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby DaveP » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:05 am

I do not think that is the problem, unless I'm misunderstanding you. It is only one particular recipient that is the problem. I have no problem sending to any other contact.

What is also interesting, is that I only received one returned message error message dispite numerous send message attempts over a two day period. Here is the report, (changing the domain)

Reporting-MTA: dns; mail306c9.megamailservers.com
Arrival-Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:48:04 -0500

Final-Recipient: RFC822; Mary@xxxrylium.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; localhost
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 5.1.1 <Mary@xxxrylium.com>... User unknown
Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:48:06 -0500

I think I will contact Bell Webhosting tech support, and see what they say.

Thanks,
Dave P
DaveP
Poco Tourist

Postby DaveP » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:40 am

I contacted Bell Canada Webhosting, and they opened a ticket, but it simply looks like the recipient's domain is blocked by Bell. If that is the case, Bell will cancel the block for my domain usage.
DaveP
Poco Tourist

Postby chrisretusn » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:59 pm

DaveP wrote:Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 5.1.1 <Mary@xxxrylium.com>... User unknown

Definitely a server error, the users domain is probably blocked.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby DaveP » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:30 pm

chrisretusn wrote:
DaveP wrote:Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 5.1.1 <Mary@xxxrylium.com>... User unknown

Definitely a server error, the users domain is probably blocked.

Thanks! One of these days, I may actually become knowledgeable. :D

Dave P
DaveP
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To