[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Importing from CompuServe and other old formats

Importing from CompuServe and other old formats

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Importing from CompuServe and other old formats

Postby timmus » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:37 am

I have a bunch of old messages from my CompuServe days and they're stored in an archive format that looks like below for both incoming and outgoing saved messages:

Date: 21-Jul-96 00:07 LCL
MgTo: xxxxxx >INTERNET:xxxxxxxx@airmail.net
Subj: are you there? (Outbox)

David! Are you still at this E-mail address? If so, let me know ASAP.

I see that PocoMail doesn't support import from CompuServe, or from GEnie and Delphi (which I also have messages from), so I am wondering what tools I might be able to use to get them into EML format so I can bring them into PocoMail (easy to view and sort them there).

Tim
timmus
New Arrival

Postby Tomas » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:00 am

Hi Tim,

first I'd check the software you have and the formats it can export to, maybe some of the formats might be more viable than the native format.

Emailchemy can convert CompuServe 2000 for Windows format.
Transend http://www.transend.com/ seems to support Compuserve 2.0 and above
ForMorph Message Converter supported Compuserve but is abandoned I believe.
All are or were paid software, and untested, I'm just aware of their existence. Also I can't exclude more solutions might exist...
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To