[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Could not send reply e-mail

Could not send reply e-mail

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Could not send reply e-mail

Postby GrahamRAF » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:55 am

I have had an intermittent problem for a long time. Whether Vista only related I do not know.

There are occasions when I click on an email that I need to reply to, type in the message and hit send.
After a period of nothing happening the create message window pops up again and in the bottom left it reports an port (i think) error.
No matter how often I try with the same email it will not send

If I open up an alternate email program and fill in the same addresses etc the mail will send with no problem.

This is nothing to do with my settings as most times it works.

Anyone else had similar propblem
GrahamRAF
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:19 am

I have never heard about it, thus no quick idea except the usual long-taking general troubleshooting ideas like checking firewall and antivirus etc.

Instead of Send button, try Queue button in such case, and once queued, use CTRL+Y keyboard shortcut, or through menu File > Send queued messages, to send it. Maybe that could help.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby GrahamRAF » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:32 am

I tried your suggestion with no success.

I told my firewall to allow all traffic. No difference. I shut down the firewall - no difference. I disbled antivirus - still no difference.

The error log says " Could not connect to server - socket error #10060 Connection Timed Out
GrahamRAF
Poco Tourist

Postby ente » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:56 pm

GrahamRAF wrote:I tried your suggestion with no success.

I told my firewall to allow all traffic. No difference. I shut down the firewall - no difference. I disbled antivirus - still no difference.

The error log says " Could not connect to server - socket error #10060 Connection Timed Out

I had the excactly same problem early this year aswell with my computer, while my wife's (within the same net) had none. We both have a thre-machine-package of Bitdefenter total 2009 installed. I had to close every single bitdefender service (child protection and all that) to get Pocomail running again.

Since I felt uncomfortable to be without any protection, I choose to install the free version of Antivast (which had been reviewed in these days as the best program in this range) - and pocomail went on working as usuall.

Bitdefender, reacting to my complaint, offered to make a check up of my system and sent me some analysis software. Unfortunately I had not yet the time to make use of this. But I will do so as soon as possible, since I still think that this program is very good.

Götz
ente
Resident Poster

Postby Tomas » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:37 pm

Not sure if I misread the question, I have to correct myself, I have seen it reported few times.

It would be fairly tough to find out what's the cause.
One note, there are firewalls and antiviruses that when you'll close them, they are really closed, but there are others that still run on the background - I had few times people telling they closed the antivirus, but it was still running, so you can try to Ctrl+Shift+Esc and check processes tab that there are not antivirus related instances still running even after it was closed.

You could try to increase the timeout setting in Options, Advanced tab, scroll down it's under Network settings.
It could be a server lag too.
Though that's not very probable if it keeps happening ever after the first impossibility to send that particular message.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To