[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - exporting messages and printing problem

exporting messages and printing problem

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

exporting messages and printing problem

Postby popol » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:00 pm

How do I export messages in their folders from Poco mail in a form that can be imported into Microsoft outlook? On your website you say "we do not believe in locking people into using our product by holding their information hostage" but I cannot see how to do it.

 I am forced to go back to Outlook, which I hate, because too many programs will not accept Poco Mail as a default client no matter what I do.

Also I have not resolved a printing problem: Printing only works from the toolbar icon. All other methods of printing, including preview result in a hang up of the program which requires a restart. Very iritating.

I am really disappointed because I have a profound loathing for Outlook.

 Hope to hear from you soon.

 Paul
popol
Drop-in Visitor
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:53 pm

Postby robin » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:49 pm

Regarding your first question, a search for Outlook and Export reveals several threads, so try this one.

Regarding printing, this may be a printer driver or video driver problem, since there are no other reports on the forums of printing problems.

Lastly, can you be more specific about
because too many programs will not accept Poco Mail as a default client no matter what I do.
PocoMail does not conform to the MAPI spec which is considered by many to be one of its strengths.
robin
 

Postby popol » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:08 pm

Hi and thanks for your prompt reply:

First on the subject of not accepting Poco Mail as a default mail server the two programs I use regularly which will not link up to Poco mail are GoBinder by Agilix and Technical Analyst and Trader by Updata. The latter is a more serious problem since, when requesting e-mail support from within, the program automatically collects information and sends it with the e-mail to help support staff. I have established a workaround by creating a template in Pocomail with the attachments generated in Outlook included. However, the program changes all the time and the attachments may quickly become out of date.

As to the printing problem: I use a HP PSC 2210 All in One and have a couple of specialised printer drivers for FinePrint and Agilix installed.

The problem has been there since I started with Pocomail. If you could recommend a fix I might reconsider my decision and soldier on with Pocomail.

Incidentally I suggest you consider removing the e-mail support option from the help menu. I have used it twice and have never had a reply. It gives a bad impression

I am now going to try mailbag assistant as suggested.

All the best

Paul
popol
Drop-in Visitor
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:53 pm

Postby robin » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:33 pm

Hi Paul.

popol wrote:If you could...
I suggest you...
First let me point out that I am not PocoSystems; all the forum contributors are volunteers and users of the software but not representatives or employees of PocoSystems, so any request for changes should not be address direct to me or anyone else on the forum. Poco staff do lurk, however, and will join a thread if they have something to add.

popol wrote:Hi and thanks for your prompt reply:

First on the subject of not accepting Poco Mail as a default mail server the two programs I use regularly which will not link up to Poco mail are GoBinder by Agilix and Technical Analyst and Trader by Updata. The latter is a more serious problem since, when requesting e-mail support from within, the program automatically collects information and sends it with the e-mail to help support staff. I have established a workaround by creating a template in Pocomail with the attachments generated in Outlook included. However, the program changes all the time and the attachments may quickly become out of date.
This may be insurmountable at this time - they probably use the MAPI interface to the e-mail client and as I said before this is not supported by Poco. There is a script in this thread that might help you.

popol wrote:As to the printing problem: I use a HP PSC 2210 All in One and have a couple of specialised printer drivers for FinePrint and Agilix installed.

The problem has been there since I started with Pocomail. If you could recommend a fix I might reconsider my decision and soldier on with Pocomail.
I can't help you with that one. My guess is that it is down to the specialised printer drivers, and now that you have posted it the PocoSystems guys may be able to pick up on it. Which versions are you using for their info?

popol wrote:Incidentally I suggest you consider removing the e-mail support option from the help menu. I have used it twice and have never had a reply. It gives a bad impression.
I really can't comment on this.
robin
 

Postby Michael » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:44 am

popol wrote:Incidentally I suggest you consider removing the e-mail support option from the help menu. I have used it twice and have never had a reply. It gives a bad impression

Paul


Again, I am not a PocoSystems employee but I wanted to comment on this. One common reason support messages do not get answered is that the person who sends them has overly aggressive spam filtering. This may not be reason you are experiencing this but I provide this information for others who may be reading this thread.
Michael
Moderator
 
Posts: 866
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:14 pm
Location: Victoria BC, Canada

Postby popol » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:36 am

Thanks Michael

I do not have any Spam filtering at all. Since establishing my own domain name to host my e-mail addresses I have been mercifully free of spam.

It would be interesting to know if anyone has received any replies to e-mail support from Poco Mail.

My printing problem is this: If I print from the toolbar Icon I have no problems printing through any of my print drivers. The print instruction goes through the last driver used. But if I use file/print or right click print message I end up on a print preview page which will not close unless I close PocoMail using ctrl/alt/del.

Thanks too Robin.

As for the export question Mailbag assistant does the trick. You import mail using the mailbag filter and then export into a folder as EML files. These can be dragged and dropped into Outlook. Strangely when they are opened they are opened by Outlook Express But they contain all attachments which is the important thing.

Thank you very much for the tip.

Paul

PS I am afraid I have failed to master the trick of attaching quotes to my messages. Please forgive me.
popol
Drop-in Visitor
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:53 pm

Postby robin » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:00 am

PS I am afraid I have failed to master the trick of attaching quotes to my messages. Please forgive me.
At the top of the window that you compose a reply in, you will find buttons that insert BBCode into the reply. This is a bit like HTML but with tags in []. To make it show, you have to make sure that the check box called 'Disable BBCode in this post' under the compose box is not checked.
robin
 

Postby Pete » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:38 am

And people can set the BBCode option permanently in their forum profiles.
Pete
 


Return to PocoMail Help and How-To

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron