[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Folders other than mailboxes being displayed [Mod: Resolved]

Folders other than mailboxes being displayed [Mod: Resolved]

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Folders other than mailboxes being displayed [Mod: Resolved]

Postby Pulpdoctor » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:06 pm

I don't exactly know if my subject line adequately describes what I'm asking.

I don't want to go into a long story but I had been having problems with Poco that I have been slowly solving. Most of the problems involved corrupt folders.

Long story short, I have to restore from a backup and this solved the last of my problems or so I thought. The one last "problem" is that there are some folders being displayed in the Folders sidebar that I don't really want there.

The Folders sidebar has all of my mailboxes plus the following other folders: Address; Emoticons; Icons; Scripts; Signatures; Templates; and Contacts.

As everyone probably knows, these folders contain other "features' of Poco but I don't want them displayed.

How do I "turn off" or stop these folders from being displaying in the Folders sidebar? I'm sure there is a simple answer but I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks in advance!!
Jordan L Schweitzer
Pulpdoctor
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:11 pm

I'd recommend to use a specialized backup software, like Cobian Backup, to further minimize any risks, unless you do so already. It can keep dated backups, incremental backups, and has many other useful options.

Your problem is that for some reason the Address and other folders got copied under the Mail folder. They don't belong there, they shall be the same level that Mail folder is.

If you don't know where the Mail folder is, run from menu Help > Email support > Email support, a report will be generated, there you can find a line starting with AppPath=, that points to the location of your data folders.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Pulpdoctor » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:10 pm

Brilliant!

I simply deleted the folders and...hey wait a minute...the folders are still there.

Wait a minute you big dummy. You also gotta delete the all similarly named files, such as *.mbx files in that directory.

After deleting all the similarly named files, my problem is solved.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.!!
Jordan L Schweitzer
Pulpdoctor
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:20 am

Pulpdoctor wrote:You also gotta delete the all similarly named files, such as *.mbx files in that directory.

Yes, I forgot to mention that, these are automatically created by Pocomail for new folders it finds.

You are welcome. Great to hear it's solved !
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To