[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Missing Mail in a main folder

Missing Mail in a main folder

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Missing Mail in a main folder

Postby Teckguybc » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:25 am

I am experiencing disappearing email in a main folder. It is usually the main folder I am working from, I am either forwarding or replying to an email. The email doesn't disappear as the header is still there however the text is not. The mail in the sub folders remains as do the contents of the other main folder. It is usually resolved by restoring how ever that means u loose a few new emails. This has happened twice now. Any ideas how to restore without losing the new emails or why this is happening?
Teckguybc
Drop-in Visitor

More info

Postby Teckguybc » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:08 am

Poco 4.5.0.3910, and vista home. Thought that would be useful.
Teckguybc
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:33 pm

If you are running Vista, make sure that the data are not stored under Program Files path. Check through menu Tools > Options, Directories page, there will be a blue linked text to initiate migration for Vista users with incompatible file locations.

You could try this:
- copy In.mbx, In.~mbx and In.idb to a safe place, for backup purposes
- run Folder > Compress Folder
- if compression didn't help, close Pocomail, delete In.idb in Pocomail data directory, and copy back In.mbx and and In.~mbx from the backup. Rename In.~mbx to In2.mbx and start Pocomail
- check In and In2 folders, whether they contain the data needed, if not you can use the backup files to restore to if necessary
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Directory move

Postby Teckguybc » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:18 am

Thank you, the directory is in the program path, I shall move it. There is no highlighted text that I can see. Should all directories be moved to a different place?
Teckguybc
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Directory move

Postby Tomas » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:36 am

That's strange, better check first, through menu Help > Email support > Email support, report will be generated. Find the content of lines
AppPath=, and Mail=. The second one is usually just Mail\.
If AppPath is eg. C:\Program Files\Pocomail\, than your emails really are in the Program Files path, but if AppPath says eg.
C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\ApplicationData\PocoMail\
then all is fine and yes, C:\Program Files\Pocomail\ might have some content but it'd be just executable and some other files, not data.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

New info

Postby Teckguybc » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:40 am

I copied the contents of Mail to a new drive, pointed the path trough tools, directories, mail directory - restarted poco and restored the email as lots were missing. Now checking the directory after reading your reply - it seems the mail directory has returned to c:\program files\pocomail4\mail. How do I move the directory for good?
Teckguybc
Drop-in Visitor

Re: New info

Postby Tomas » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:53 am

Teckguybc wrote: it seems the mail directory has returned to c:\program files\pocomail4\mail. How do I move the directory for good?

Through menu Tools > Options, on Directories page, you can change the data directories including the Mail directory.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To