[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - How to run filters at shutdown or startup?

How to run filters at shutdown or startup?

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Postby stuart_rogers » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:42 am

However I still think that not being able to run filters just on everything in a folder is a good thing and should be in Pocomail.

I agree that it would be useful, I could find a use for it as well.

flexibility to the product for very little effort

It might be quite complex and time-consuming if at all possible (though that's just a guess from me as I of course have not seen the code), it only seems easy, but from programming point of view it's often quite different, and I suspect this particular aspect is far from easy.

Problem with New Mail folder is that it wont allow it as the default folder to be opened at startup, so that's out of the window.

That's true.
It would work with "Open last used folder" option though.
stuart_rogers
Drop-in Visitor

Postby chrisretusn » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:50 pm

I tried this out with a AutoHotkey script. It also includes a recorder you can use to record scripts.

Here is the script.
WinWait, PocoMail,
IfWinNotActive, PocoMail, , WinActivate, PocoMail,
WinWaitActive, PocoMail,
Send, {SHIFTDOWN}{CTRLDOWN}i{SHIFTUP}{CTRLUP}{CTRLDOWN}a{CTRLUP}{CTRLDOWN}{F7}{CTRLUP}

Here is what it does:
1. Sends SHFT-CTRL-I to select the In folder
2. CTRL-A to select all messages in the In folder
3. CTRL-F7 select the Manual 3 filters to run on selected.

I use an OnQuit event to launch application. I used the full path name to the autohotkey script for application. It worked fine for me. I only tested it on ten messages in the In folder and it worked.

Edit: This works more consistently when using an OnStart event
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby jbuk » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:35 am

Quote:
Problem with New Mail folder is that it wont allow it as the default folder to be opened at startup, so that's out of the window.

Not so.
To make it the startup folder enter: System.pocosys\NewMail.pocosys
In >Options >General Options > Startup options > Open this folder
jbuk
Resident Poster

Postby Tomas » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:02 pm

jbuk wrote: To make it the startup folder enter: System.pocosys\NewMail.pocosys

Thank you, I wasn't aware of that possibility!
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby chrisretusn » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:59 pm

jbuk wrote: To make it the startup folder enter: System.pocosys\NewMail.pocosys

I tried this. The selections are in a drop down box. There is no way to enter System.pocosys\NewMail.pocosys. Did I miss something?
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby jbuk » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:36 pm

You have to edit poco.ini as follows :

Opened=System.pocosys\NewMail.pocosys
ActiveFocus=1

Hope this works for you.
jbuk
Resident Poster

Previous