[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - just updated to 4.8

just updated to 4.8

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

just updated to 4.8

Postby Fueler » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:38 am

Fair warning: Vista machine

1: Vista now finds pocomail in the set defaults section. Unfortunately it doesn't work. I get a pop up message in IE7 and IE8 that says "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly configured." Uhhh, ok, now what?

I did the following to no avail.
Got Vista happy with it or so I thought.
In poco, clicked the make default button.
Rebooted.

FYI: The default deal works fine on one of my XP pro machines.
In Firefox I get nothing. No messages nor action. Can't find anything in Firefox to set default (I don't use it much other than to verify things like this)

2: Maybe I misunderstood but I still can't copy and paste a photo into the compose window. Yes, no? Still on the list?

Thanks
Dave K.
Fueler
Frequent Visitor

Re: just updated to 4.8

Postby luxor » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:29 am

Fueler wrote:Fair warning: Vista machine

1: Vista now finds pocomail in the set defaults section. Unfortunately it doesn't work. I get a pop up message in IE7 and IE8 that says "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly configured." Uhhh, ok, now what?

Similar to the problem I am having here
But unlike you I can no longer set Pocomail as the default MAILTO and I have Unkown Application as it's default. Nothing that I have tried will change it.

Not very happy about that. :(

Fortunately I took a disk image before I installed so will go back to that.

Edit: Note that this was a fresh install rather than just installing over Pocomail 4.5.
luxor
Resident Poster

Here is a clue

Postby Fueler » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:40 am

I did a registry check using Auslogics. Here is what it found.
Maybe this can be looked at for the lack of email link/open in Vista?

Invalid context menu entry
Command missing for the context menu entry "Open"

Subkey Command is missing in the Key HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Classes\Pocomail.Url.mailto\Shell\open
Fueler
Frequent Visitor

Postby luxor » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:25 pm

I'm back to 4.5 and it is working fine once again.
Will this be fixed ? It's not as if Vista is a new OS these days, so there is really no excuse for it IMHO. :(
luxor
Resident Poster

Postby Tomas » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:10 am

It was supposed to be fixed and work better in 4.8 than it did in 4.5.

(There were some last minute changes done to that if I remember well, maybe that broke something.....just a speculation.)

I'll ask Slaven to look at it again.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby luxor » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:50 pm

Thank you Tomas.
Here's hoping that a fix is upcoming.
luxor
Resident Poster

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To