[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Contacts shown in folder pane

Contacts shown in folder pane

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Contacts shown in folder pane

Postby knorke » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:58 am

Hi,
I just upgraded to 4.8 and now I have a "Contacts item" shown
above the "In" folder. How can I get rid of it?

Thanks in advance.
knorke
New Arrival

Postby Tomas » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:55 am

As far as I'm aware it's not possible.
I too would like to get rid of it.
Hopefully that will be made possible in the future.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby chrisretusn » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:02 pm

Same here. It used to be lower in the folder tree near the bottom. It a minor annoyance that I will eventually get used to. I would be nice to have the option move it elsewhere or hide it.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby desertgal » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:34 am

This is exactly the reason I'm on the forums this morning, hoping to find a way to get rid of this. I guess at the present time there is no way :( I keep opening the contacts accidentally instead of the inbox cause the inbox SHOULD be at the top of the list. Hopefully there will be a fix for this even though it's really just an annoyance.
desertgal
Poco Tourist

Postby DaveP » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:55 am

This may or may not be relevant, but I wanted my Contacts listed first with the previous version, because it was a nuisance to constantly scroll to the bottom of the folder list, especially if I had a bunch of folders open. The reason being, that I using my Pocomail contacts as my default contact list rather than bothering to constantly sync with a P.I.M. (Before anyone mentions it, I tried Barca and found it very slow loading, but that's another issue. I use UK's Kalender for a basic fast calendar. The combination of Pocomail and UK's Kalender is perfect for me. I don't need a full blown P.I.M.)

I solved the problem by setting up tabs on my index window, with "Contacts" on the first tab, and "In" folder on the second, with the second tab being the default opening. That eliminated the scrolling issue.
DaveP
Poco Tourist

Postby desertgal » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:30 am

I have my contacts shown as a sidebar below the folders sidebar. I don't even remember how long I've done it this way. I can easily adjust the length of the sidebars. Guess it's just what you're used to, but that folder at the top for contacts just bugs me.
desertgal
Poco Tourist

Postby blakelyg » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:25 am

desertgal wrote:This is exactly the reason I'm on the forums this morning, hoping to find a way to get rid of this. I guess at the present time there is no way :( I keep opening the contacts accidentally instead of the inbox cause the inbox SHOULD be at the top of the list. Hopefully there will be a fix for this even though it's really just an annoyance.

I wonder if it might be because it allows u to take advantage of the enhanced search feature. Maybe not but I did a search on the contacts list (across multiple address books) to find specified contacts.... and it worked beautifully.

Maybe someone from PSI can let us know.

:D

Gord
blakelyg
Resident Poster

Postby Tomas » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:06 am

blakelyg wrote:I wonder if it might be because it allows u to take advantage of the enhanced search feature. Maybe not but I did a search on the contacts list (across multiple address books) to find specified contacts.... and it worked beautifully.

Maybe someone from PSI can let us know.

:D

Gord

I don't have full background info, but I believe it was simply a feature requested, where the effect of not making it optional wasn't fully foreseen.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Carpe Diem » Mon May 04, 2009 3:39 pm

What a joke. There's already Contacts at the bottom of the folders pane, there's Contacts as a pinned tab. What the heck is the point?! :?

There's Tools > Options > Advanced > Interface Options > Show Special folders and Show Online Folders, but it didn't occur to anyone that after years of usage, people might be used to the "In" folder being at the top. Hey, let's wait another year and four months, maybe it'll be fixed in the next version. :x
Carpe Diem
New Arrival

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To