[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Update 4.8 - Edit Stored Message

Update 4.8 - Edit Stored Message

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Update 4.8 - Edit Stored Message

Postby tonnelier » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:53 am

Updated to 4.8 (installed over 4.5). When I use Edit Stored Message and delete an attachment, then Save I get the following message "access violation at address 00A2A0BB in module Poco.exe. Read of address 0000001C". The attachment is nonetheless successfully deleted, but I haven't a clue what this msg means and if I should do anything about it.
tonnelier
Frequent Visitor
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:56 am
Location: Luxembourg

Postby Eric » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:59 am

Haven't a clue either what that message means. :?

Tried it here with a message with an encoded attachment and didn't get any AV.

Could you do a fresh install, instead of installing over?

:idea: Save one message with an attachment and import it into your new install. Repeat the same procedure to see if it still gives the same.

If not, import your data from previous install and to make sure, don't import 'Program Preferences and settings'.

Next close this new install and open your previous one.
Take screenshots of your Options or note them down, so you can recreate it the way it was before.

Hope that eliminates this access violation.

Let me know what it gives. ;)
Eric
 

Postby tonnelier » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:05 am

Eric wrote:Haven't a clue either what that message means. :?

Tried it here with a message with an encoded attachment and didn't get any AV.

Could you do a fresh install, instead of installing over?

:idea: Save one message with an attachment and import it into your new install. Repeat the same procedure to see if it still gives the same.

If not, import your data from previous install and to make sure, don't import 'Program Preferences and settings'.

Next close this new install and open your previous one.
Take screenshots of your Options or note them down, so you can recreate it the way it was before.

Hope that eliminates this access violation.

Let me know what it gives. ;)


Thanks Eric, will try that and report back. :)
tonnelier
Frequent Visitor
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:56 am
Location: Luxembourg

Postby tonnelier » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:55 am

tonnelier wrote:
Eric wrote:Haven't a clue either what that message means. :?

Tried it here with a message with an encoded attachment and didn't get any AV.

Could you do a fresh install, instead of installing over?

:idea: Save one message with an attachment and import it into your new install. Repeat the same procedure to see if it still gives the same.

If not, import your data from previous install and to make sure, don't import 'Program Preferences and settings'.

Next close this new install and open your previous one.
Take screenshots of your Options or note them down, so you can recreate it the way it was before.

Hope that eliminates this access violation.

Let me know what it gives. ;)


Thanks Eric, will try that and report back. :)


Uninstalled PocoMail and downloaded from site and reinstalled - however PM doesn't do a "clean" uninstall, so reinstallation appeared with all my preferences :cry: AV still appearing, but as attachments are successfully deleted despite AV, I'll live with it until I have more time to manually delete all traces of PM before doing a fresh reinstallation. Thanks again Eric!
tonnelier
Frequent Visitor
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:56 am
Location: Luxembourg

Postby Eric » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:02 am

tonnelier wrote:Uninstalled PocoMail and downloaded from site and reinstalled - however PM doesn't do a "clean" uninstall, so reinstallation appeared with all my preferences :cry:
That's weird. :shock:
Did you choose another directory to install?
AV still appearing, but as attachments are successfully deleted despite AV, I'll live with it until I have more time to manually delete all traces of PM before doing a fresh reinstallation.
Do it whenever you've more time and report back.
Thanks again Eric!
My pleasure tonnelier ;)
Eric
 

Re: Update 4.8 - Edit Stored Message

Postby Andreas » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:50 pm

tonnelier wrote:Updated to 4.8 (installed over 4.5). When I use Edit Stored Message and delete an attachment, then Save I get the following message "access violation at address 00A2A0BB in module Poco.exe. Read of address 0000001C". The attachment is nonetheless successfully deleted, but I haven't a clue what this msg means and if I should do anything about it.


I can confirm that error. I get exactly the same message.
Andreas
Poco Enthusiast
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:30 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Update 4.8 - Edit Stored Message

Postby tonnelier » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:05 pm

Andreas wrote:I can confirm that error. I get exactly the same message.
Just out of curiosity - did you install over, or do a fresh install? It rather looks like a glitch in 4.8. :(
tonnelier
Frequent Visitor
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:56 am
Location: Luxembourg

Re: Update 4.8 - Edit Stored Message

Postby Andreas » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:18 pm

tonnelier wrote:Just out of curiosity - did you install over, or do a fresh install? It rather looks like a glitch in 4.8. :(


I installed 4.8 over an existing 4.5 installation.
Andreas
Poco Enthusiast
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:30 pm
Location: Germany

Postby aderoy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:15 am

To fully uninstall (make sure you have a good backup and of course your registration key).

RevoUninstaller - Freeware

http://www.revouninstaller.com/
--------------------------
With its advanced and fast algorithm, Revo Uninstaller analyzes an application's data before uninstall and scans after you uninstall an application. After the program's regular uninstaller runs, you can remove additional unnecessary files, folders and registry keys that are usually left over on your computer. Even if you have a broken installation, Revo Uninstaller scans for an application's data on your hard disk drives and in the Windows registry and shows all found files, folders and registry keys so you can delete them.

-------------------------
aderoy
Frequent Visitor
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:03 am

Postby Eric » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:59 am

aderoy wrote:To fully uninstall (make sure you have a good backup and of course your registration key).

RevoUninstaller - Freeware
Yep, like that tool very much. :)

BTW I deleted several encoded attachments now and no AV yet.
I also installed over the existing beta, although soon I'll start fresh again. :)

Using Vista Home Premium, so I'm not sure if it's OS related.
Eric
 

Postby chrisretusn » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:17 pm

I got that message once. I did a clean install of PocoMail and imported my data.

Since that one time I have been attempting to reproduce and cannot. Like Eric I have deleted several encoded attachments with out an error except for the one time.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 12:09 am
Location: Philippines

Postby tonnelier » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:03 pm

Eric wrote:
aderoy wrote:To fully uninstall (make sure you have a good backup and of course your registration key).

RevoUninstaller - Freeware
Yep, like that tool very much. :)

Me too!

Using Vista Home Premium, so I'm not sure if it's OS related.


Also using Vista Home Premium.

Did a clean install, but still receive AV message. As the Edit Stored Message feature does what it supposed to do, I'll live with the AV until the experts can say what causing it as it's happened to several people :oops:

Just tried to restore from my backup file to PM and received "Restore failed, please check available space in programme directory". Which directory should I check? Thanks for help :oops:
tonnelier
Frequent Visitor
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:56 am
Location: Luxembourg

Postby Eric » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:23 pm

tonnelier wrote:Did a clean install, but still receive AV message.
Another suggestion would be to clean up your registry with a registry cleaner. Next do a complete defrag of your disk.
Also be sure to let the registry cleaner do a backup before you allow to delete those entries found.

For me these tasks are done periodically, so my HD is in tiptop shape. :)
Just tried to restore from my backup file to PM and received "Restore failed, please check available space in programme directory". Which directory should I check? Thanks for help :oops:
How much space have you left on your HD?
For your backup directory check Tools > Options. You'll find it there.

See also previous suggestion.
BTW Did you install this clean installation into the same directory?
If so, install it into another directory.

To all, have a great weekend. ;)
Eric
 

Postby tonnelier » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:57 pm

Eric wrote:For me these tasks are done periodically, so my HD is in tiptop shape. :)
Same here - I use CCleaner. I have 202Gb of 268 still free and 4Gb RAM, so I think there's space enough
For your backup directory check Tools > Options. You'll find it there.
Thanks - will check. Will try all your other suggestions and see if I can't sort it out.
To all, have a great weekend. ;)
:)

Many, many thanks for all the support and have a great (and warm) weekend too 8)
tonnelier
Frequent Visitor
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:56 am
Location: Luxembourg


Return to PocoMail Help and How-To

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests

cron