[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Update 4.8 - copy/paste

Update 4.8 - copy/paste

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Update 4.8 - copy/paste

Postby Fueler » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:37 am

Am I now supposed to be able to copy and paste a photo into a compose window? No joy for me yet.
Fueler
Frequent Visitor

Postby chrisretusn » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:17 pm

Pasting pictures only works wiyh Styled or Styled and Plain are selected.

There also seems to be a size limit as some pictures do not paste.

Another thing to note is pasted images are stored as *.bmp in the message which makes for large messages.

I prefer to insert images, only draw back is PocoMail only accepts *.bmp, *.jpg and *.gif images.

All above was true with 4.5 and now with 4.8.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Fueler » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:17 pm

I use plain & styled as the norm but tried the styled only. No joy either way. Nothing happens.
Fueler
Frequent Visitor

Postby Tomas » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:12 pm

For some reason, pasting from some graphics applications works and from others doesn't. Faststone, Irfanview, and others work.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Fueler » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:40 pm

Not much point in being able to do this from obscure programs. I was hoping they had gotten over whatever security issues they thought this process would do.

Keep working.
Fueler
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:03 am

Fueler wrote:Not much point in being able to do this from obscure programs.
Obscure :?:
I was hoping they had gotten over whatever security issues they thought this process would do.
Maybe I'm wrong, although I think it has nothing to with security issues. More likely the interaction between Poco and that app. :?
Eric

Postby Fueler » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:40 am

Let me rephrase this.
IF it can be copied to the clipboard it SHOULD be able to be pasted into Poco.
So...something is not quite right yet.
Fueler
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:44 am

Fueler wrote:IF it can be copied to the clipboard it SHOULD be able to be pasted into Poco.
So...something is not quite right yet.
Like I said, the interaction between both apps. Could be Poco, but it could be the other one too. :?
Eric

Postby Fueler » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:41 am

Eric,
I always appreciate your help but I think you are wrong on this one. It's Poco. Always has been.
I can copy anything from any Windows app and paste into Outlook, Eudora and some other POS email client I had at one time. Only Poco has been stubborn and I am sure it will get fixed.....someday.

It's not interaction between two apps. It's working directly with the clipboard, yes?
That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :lol:
Thanks
Dave K.
Fueler
Frequent Visitor

Postby chrisretusn » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:00 pm

Hi Dave,

I agree with Eric, I don't believe it's all PocoMail. I have several applications on my computer and all but three of them copy and paste in to a new PocoMail message.

The three that do not are MS Paint, MS Wordpad and Open Office.

There also appears to be a image size limit with pasting in to a new PocoMail message. I have a 3300 x 4200 pixel jpg image that will not paste in to PocoMail, I have to reduce the size by 80% to 2640 x 3360 before it will paste in to PocoMail.
Last edited by chrisretusn on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Andreas » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:58 pm

I think we all know that the HTML editor of PocoMail has some major problems, and that it needs to be replaced by a better one in v5. Slaven himself has admitted this.
Andreas
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To