[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Can I use Gmail with POCO

Can I use Gmail with POCO

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Can I use Gmail with POCO

Postby cooldep » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:57 am

Hello, can I get my Gmail on my Poco e-mail program.
Thank-You,,Paul :-)

Dell Dimension E-510
Dual Core, Win 7
2 GB of Ram, Comcast
Cable Internet
cooldep
Poco Tourist

Re: Can I use Gmail with POCO

Postby blakelyg » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:21 am

cooldep wrote:Hello, can I get my Gmail on my Poco e-mail program.

I have my gmail working (pop mode). Works pretty well. Be sure to configure as indicated in the pop settings and it should work. I seem to remember the IMAP was not as forgiving. (but I cannot remember the difficulty that I had with it).

Gord
blakelyg
Resident Poster

Postby chrisretusn » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:04 pm

Yes your can, but only if you enable POP and/or IMAP access. Gmail's POP and IMAP implementation is unique to Gmail so behavior will not be the same as with standard POP / IMAP accounts.

See the following links:

POP - Gmail Help

IMAP - Gmail Help
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Tomas » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:38 pm

As above :).
Plus here is the step by step on configuring Pocomail:

To setup Gmail account, please follow these steps:

Press F3, select the appropriate account, click the Edit button.

In the General tab:
incoming server is pop.gmail.com
username is your full email address
Tick Enable secure connection.
Outgoing server is smtp.gmail.com

Now click on the Outgoing tab.
Make sure the Outgoing server port number option is ticked, and enter 587 as the value.
Use outgoing server authentication shall be ticked as well, authentication type being LOGIN.
Username is your full email address.
Next make sure to have ticked both Enable secure connection, and Use TLS/STARTTLS options.

Click OK to save the settings.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby DaveP » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:53 am

Tomas wrote:As above :).
Plus here is the step by step on configuring Pocomail:

To setup Gmail account, please follow these steps:

Press F3, select the appropriate account, click the Edit button.

In the General tab:
incoming server is pop.gmail.com
username is your full email address
Tick Enable secure connection.
Outgoing server is smtp.gmail.com

Now click on the Outgoing tab.
Make sure the Outgoing server port number option is ticked, and enter 587 as the value.
Use outgoing server authentication shall be ticked as well, authentication type being LOGIN.
Username is your full email address.
Next make sure to have ticked both Enable secure connection, and Use TLS/STARTTLS options.

Click OK to save the settings.

I also have to set the "incoming server port number" on the "Incoming" tab, to 995
DaveP
Poco Tourist

Thanks for POCO/GMAIL hookup

Postby cooldep » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:54 am

You people all have been wonderful and lots of help greatly appreaciated! :oops: poor speller, The directions worked fine.
Hope everone has a wonderful mHoliday weekend,,
~Paul~
Thank-You,,Paul :-)

Dell Dimension E-510
Dual Core, Win 7
2 GB of Ram, Comcast
Cable Internet
cooldep
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To