[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - messages disappear or change to red after sending mail

messages disappear or change to red after sending mail

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

messages disappear or change to red after sending mail

Postby ausman » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:04 am

Hi all

Having a problem with pocomail that seems to be getting worse as time goes on.

Poco loads - ok, prepare a meesege to send - ok, after message is sent I go back to main mail folders and some of the messages have disappeared or have changed to red colour font. Have to close down poco and re open again - all back to normal until I send another message then the same thing is repeated.

Frustrating really.

ausman
ausman
Poco Tourist

Postby drjamie03 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:31 pm

I'm having this problem with Barca as well (as I'd expect).
Jamie P
drjamie03
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:53 am

Hi ausman,

Haven't seen that yet.
Seems something must be broken. :?

Have you tried to delete the *.IDB files, so on restart those will be recreated?

Else a corrupt poco.ini file, although that won't explain the disappearing message or the changing colour.

Just to know for sure, you could rename your poco.ini to poco_old.ini.

Restart Poco and try it out.
If that's not the case, just rename poco_old.ini back to poco.ini.

Let me know how it goes. ;)
Eric

Postby ausman » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:25 am

Thanks Eric

Will gives both those a try and get back to you.

Ian (aus)
ausman
Poco Tourist

Postby ausman » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:42 pm

Eric

Have renamed the poco ini file as suggested and restarted poco, did not fix the problem.

I have literally dozens of *.idb files in my mail folder, there must be an easier way as they say in the classics?

Ian
ausman
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:21 pm

ausman wrote:Have renamed the poco ini file as suggested and restarted poco, did not fix the problem.
Ok, so that's not it. :?
I have literally dozens of *.idb files in my mail folder, there must be an easier way as they say in the classics?
Close Poco first and use Explorer (or something like xplorer2 or Total Commander) to find all *.IDB files. (= Search)
When found delete all those index files and restart Poco.

Not a lot of work, since it displays all files found matching that criteria. Afterwards just delete.

Let me know if that solves your problem. ;)
Eric

Postby ausman » Sun May 03, 2009 5:45 pm

Hi again Erik

Deleted all the *.IDB files and restarted pocomail.

Everything seemed to work ok for a day or two but it has reverted back the the same problem - mail in some boxes turn red, some boxes have a few of the messages in them, others are completetly empty. All returns to normal after poco is closed down and reopened. All very strange

Ian
(aus)
ausman
Poco Tourist

Postby ausman » Sun May 03, 2009 5:46 pm

ooops sorry Eric about the mispelt name :oops:
ausman
Poco Tourist

Postby aderoy » Mon May 04, 2009 12:34 am

What antivirus application are you using?

May wish to disable scan of the Pocomail data directory to see if this solves the corruption.
aderoy
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Mon May 04, 2009 8:50 pm

ausman wrote:ooops sorry Eric about the mispelt name :oops:
No problem. :wink:

So that means your problem is fixed?
Or is it still happening?

Could be some interaction with other software, if you recall what happened last time. :?

Never seen it here, so it could be anything, starting with your antivirus.
Eric

Postby ausman » Mon May 04, 2009 11:16 pm

No Eric the problem is still there.

Yes I remember what happened last time.

Have tried disabling anti virus and spyware programs but still the problem exists. Will keep playing around with it and let you know.

Thanks again

Ian

aus
ausman
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Tue May 05, 2009 6:27 am

ausman wrote:No Eric the problem is still there.
Pity it didn't work. :?
Yes I remember what happened last time.
Indeed, quite a search for the culprit.
Have tried disabling anti virus and spyware programs but still the problem exists. Will keep playing around with it and let you know.
Thanks, curious to know what's causing this.

Keep us informed on whatever you may find Ian.

Good luck. ;)
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To