[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Has anyone ever had a reply from Poco Mail support?

Has anyone ever had a reply from Poco Mail support?

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Has anyone ever had a reply from Poco Mail support?

Postby popol » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:40 am

I have tried to e-mail Poco Mail support twice. Once when I was trying out the product and once when I had bought and registered.

A profound silence followed in each case. What has been your experience? If you were lucky what am I doing wrong?

Paul
popol
Drop-in Visitor

Postby dribnus » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:38 am

I would have to say the same. I have had more answers from the forums than from 'support'. I sent a request with 3 questions about 10-14 days ago, still no reply. They weren't serious issues, but it's the principle, especially once it's paid for.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Dreamer » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:20 am

My experience was quite the opposite. I emailed them during the trial period with a few questions and had a very prompt reply.

I'm sorry to hear you haven't had the same luck.

Lloyd :)
Dreamer
Drop-in Visitor

Postby rassi » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:24 am

I just sent them a support request from their website about my issue with attachments sent by Eudora users being corrupted.

We'll see if they answer....

Here's hoping....
rassi
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Flashfox » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:37 pm

I have sent several Email messages to PSI Support and they have all been answered. However, I must admit that a couple of them took several days before I received any response.

This is from a PocoMail, PocoMail PE and Barca user.
Flashfox

Postby dribnus » Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:59 am

I will correct my first statement....before I purchased, they were very responsive. After that point is when I basically stopped receiving support.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

The same here

Postby poco-stress-relieve » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:39 am

Early August I used the online support form - no response (ever). Then I went on the forum and was attacked by Poco-worshippers for not sending private e-mails to company staff (how stupid I was to use the regular communication channels!). So I eventually sent a private e-mail, did got a short reply (they probably wanted me off the forum!) and they promised to get back to me about my support request within two weeks. It is 6 (SIX) weeks now and still no answer.

Yes, you could say that I have reason am somewhat disasppointed in PocoSystems support. They simply ignore me. Is that what I paid for? Is that living up to promises of support?

I mean, if there is a reason (e.g. heavy workload or whatever) just let me know and I will understand that. But being ignored is not nice.

Note to poco-staff-aliases: no need to reply to this post - please spend time on support ok?
poco-stress-relieve
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Hogyt » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:17 am

Not sure i can see anyone attacking you poco-stress-relieve if i'm looking at the right thread, looks like lots of people tried to help so sorry you feel that way.

My experience with support has been mixed. About a year ago i got regular answers to support requests - within a week. However, the last two times i've contacted support (many weeks ago) i received no reply. To be fair only one of those emails warranted a reply but alas i didn't get it.
Mat
Hogyt
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Flashfox » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:21 am

Looks like responses have been a mixed bag. Maybe I was lucky, or others were unlucky.
In any event, I personnally believe that all tech support questions merit a response... if not just to acknowledge reception. Now I know that PSI is a small company, but maybe an "auto-reply bot" could help? I do prefer human intervention, but maybe the person handling this (Jean-François Godin) is overwheelmed?
Flashfox

Postby popol » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:21 pm

Hooray!

A reply from Poco support. An full answer to one query and half an answer to the other. Apparently my printing problem could be a bug and is being forwarded to developers.

In the mean time I am coming to terms with Outlook -amazing what you can get used to if you have no alternative.

Good luck to you all and thanks Jean Francois

Paul :)
popol
Drop-in Visitor

Postby rassi » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:38 am

I also recieved a reply to my support question which I had submitted last week via the online form. They have forwarded the question to the developers.
rassi
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Jim » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:03 pm

We will try to improve the turnaround time for support request. Currently, our response is a 24 hour turnaround.
Jim

Postby dribnus » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:07 pm

Ok, I'll resend my request thru the proper channels.
Thank You.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Jim » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:45 pm

dribnus wrote:Ok, I'll resend my request thru the proper channels.
Thank You.

FYI: The "proper channels" is to email us at support AT pocosystems DOT com so you can confirm that your request went through.
Jim

Postby dribnus » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:53 pm

Yes, I have just resent the questions thru the 'help' menu on the program, which sends to the support address.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Next

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To