[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Has anyone ever had a reply from Poco Mail support?

Has anyone ever had a reply from Poco Mail support?

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Has anyone ever had a reply from Poco Mail support?

Postby Aodhan51 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:30 pm

I e-mailed a question to Support, Saturday, and Jean Francois answered today, Monday morning. That's pretty quick.

The only slow response was when a ordered a Poco disc. That took multiple e-mails to resolve.
Aodhan R.
Aodhan51
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Sandy » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:21 pm

Titles for msgs such as: "Has anyone ever had a reply from Poco Mail support?" have always seemed decidedly arrogant to me. They seem to pre-suppose the conclusion before even asking the question.
Sandy

Postby Flashfox » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:49 pm

Maybe it's because those who post such messages are a bit frustrated?
Although I have had good results with replies for support requests to PSI, maybe others have had different experiences.

Arrogance? Maybe... Frustration? more than likely ;-)
Flashfox

Postby Jim » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:16 am

Sandy wrote:Titles for msgs such as: "Has anyone ever had a reply from Poco Mail support?" have always seemed decidedly arrogant to me. They seem to pre-suppose the conclusion before even asking the question.

..and misleading to say the least. Here is an (edited) excerpt from a comment I made on another thread...

"...Many users scan through forum titles because they simply cannot be bothered with reading entire thread. Some of the users write to us complaining about horror stories on the forum and wanting assurances. Needless to stay, others do not bother to write to us. Whether intended or not, un-substantiated negative post (right or wrong) affect propspective users."
Jim

Postby dribnus » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:22 am

I will agree with Jim. I happened to just see the subject line, then remembered that I had not heard back from tech support concerning my questions. So, I joined the thread, but didn't not want to imply any negatives to the point in which they were expressed within the thread. Even though the amount of time for response may be longer than I expect, that doesn't make it 'bad service'.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Michael » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:31 am

I have had very good success in receiving replies. I just did some quick analysis and of 81 messages to support I have received 56 replies (some messages did not warrant a reply). These messages go back to April 2000.

I further analyzed 24 messages and discovered that the quickest reply I ever received was 5 minutes (I have had 4 replies within an hour) and all were answered within 7 days.

The breakdown is:
Less than 1 day: 18
1-3 days: 4
3-7 Days: 2

Note: I am in the same time zone as PSI this may affect response time. I also participate in beta tests so this may also have an influenece.
Michael

Postby dribnus » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:42 am

Ok, but I don't think it's user based, b/c I am a beta tester as well. It's just like any kind of service, no one's perfect. I haven't had to send for support until recently, except when I was using it as a trial, and then I did get a reply very quickly. I still haven't heard back from support, but I did have 3 questions (issues) so, it may take some research on their part. Totally understandable.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Previous

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To