[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Double email received & totally blank email received.

Double email received & totally blank email received.

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Double email received & totally blank email received.

Postby Blyth » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:20 am

I have two problems I need some help with.

Version 4.8.4400

1) Im getting some emails in duplicate (two of the same email) to my inbox, it seems to be comming off the same email address.

Its most lightly a setting in options but just not sure where to look.

2) Each time I get new emails Im getting a completely blank email.
When I mean blank, it has no to or from email address.

Just a time stamp that matchs my PC's time when it checked for email.

Again, it could just be an options setting, just dont know where to look.

Love Pocomail, just wish it could allow a completely black background with white text but sadly it doesnt convert the email text body color to white.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Blyth
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Double email received & totally blank email received

Postby Eric » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:05 am

Blyth wrote:1) Im getting some emails in duplicate (two of the same email) to my inbox, it seems to be comming off the same email address.

Its most lightly a setting in options but just not sure where to look.
Have a look at Help! Duplicate messages flooding my inboxes?
2) Each time I get new emails Im getting a completely blank email.
When I mean blank, it has no to or from email address.
Are those spam messages :?:

Or in case the email has a blank body, it could be due to AVG, Avast, who insert a notification into the message.
You can easily disable those notifications from your antivirus scanner.
Love Pocomail, just wish it could allow a completely black background with white text but sadly it doesnt convert the email text body color to white.
Don't know if it's what you want, but you could right-click on the Toolbar > Customize Toolbar > Colours
and change the background to black and the font to white.

Or do you have something else in mind?

Hope that helps. ;)
Eric

Postby Blyth » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:50 pm

Will look into the suggestions, thanks much Eric.

Will get back if it continues.

Regarding text colour, Black background white text.

Or do you have something else in mind?

White text on a black background works for all emails sent in plain text, when it receives an email generated in HTML it doesn't change the black text to white text making it impossible to read the email. Only way to do it is to Cont A the message window to bring the text up.

I would assume that other users would have problems with dark backgrounds when they receive emails produced in HTML.
I'm not sure if its possible to change the text colour of these emails.

Is there are way you know of for Pocomail to change the text colour in HTML emails?
Blyth
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:23 am

Blyth wrote:Is there are way you know of for Pocomail to change the text colour in HTML emails?
Not that I know, but it may be due to the current rendering engine.
Maybe that could change with the next major update, although I'm only guessing here. :?
When that new version will go into beta isn't known yet, but PSI is working on it. :)
Eric

Postby Blyth » Mon May 11, 2009 5:28 pm

That would be awesome to see.

I really prefer black background white text and try to get that theme running across the PC.

The other problem with that colour set up in Pocomail is that when I have to add/change any email account settings, I can't see any of the settings label text or the current user set text.

I have to change the whole colour scheme back to a lighter background to see it.

Anyway, will leave it with you. Thanks for a great email program and your continuing work on it. =)
Blyth
Drop-in Visitor

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To