[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - IMAP experiences

IMAP experiences

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

IMAP experiences

Postby dmb@ms » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:55 am

Hi,

Currently I'm using Becky, but I want to use PocoMail because it seems to be better on several points. BUT: I need an e-mail client that supports IMAP. I don't really need *full* support, but will be satisfied if I can:

- move messages between local folder(s) and the IMAP server
- read messages offline (some sort of synchronisation)

Above all it should be stable/safe. I don't want to risk losing messages.

I've read some messages in this forum and in mailinglist that PocoMail isn't that reliable with IMAP. Is this true?. What are your experiences with IMAP. Can you recommend me PocoMail at this moment?.

Thanks!
dmb@ms
Drop-in Visitor

Postby mpierce » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:35 pm

I simply setup the account as an IMAP account and then selected from the Tools menu show all folders online. IMAP showed up. It is not as deft as my Linux box handling the folder but it is doing it and all folders/subfolders are there.

It has however duplicated the subfolders underneath Inbox where they are located as well as showing all folders underneath the folder name.
mpierce
Drop-in Visitor

Postby dmb@ms » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:12 am

My experiences with connecting to IMAP accounts with PocoMail v3.1 are not positive. The program crashes most of the times; no problem with POP3. Am I the only one having this problem?.

I'm about to register PocoMail, but first I like to be sure that PocoMail will be better with IMAP. Will v3.2 be better?.
dmb@ms
Drop-in Visitor

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To