[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Weird Gremlin in PM 4.8

Weird Gremlin in PM 4.8

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Weird Gremlin in PM 4.8

Postby tonnelier » Thu May 07, 2009 6:43 pm

If I type the French word "si" followed by a space, the letters invert automatically into "is". The space is the activator. I'm unable to correct it unless I add si to another word for example doncsi and then Rclick on the word to correct. (French dictionary installed).

It happens (so far) only with the word si. Auto-correct not enabled.

Tested my keyboard with an external keyboard - same.

The inversion does not occur in the Subject line, or if SI in typed in caps. Nor does it happen in Word or on internet, or on this forum so I think it's PM.

Never came across this before and started recently in 4.8. :?
tonnelier
Frequent Visitor

Postby aderoy » Fri May 08, 2009 12:08 am

Spelling - autocorrect

Thinks the word 'is' should be used. Look in the advanced options to remove the autocorrect. Sorry at work and do not have Poco available.
aderoy
Frequent Visitor

Postby tonnelier » Fri May 08, 2009 12:43 am

aderoy wrote:Spelling - autocorrect

Thinks the word 'is' should be used. Look in the advanced options to remove the autocorrect. Sorry at work and do not have Poco available.

Thanks for suggestions aderoy. Unfortunately not that - I do not have auto-correct enabled. Problem is recent. Have used PM since 2007 working in French/English/German/Italian (dictionaries installed from PM site) without incident. Before PM recognised "si" in French and "is" in English, so I'm stumped :?
tonnelier
Frequent Visitor

Postby tonnelier » Fri May 08, 2009 10:54 pm

I've reverted to version 4.5. and now have no problem with the French "si" being inverted :D

Since this is the second bug I've come across in 4.8, I'm happy to stick with 4.5. until the later version is made more stable.
tonnelier
Frequent Visitor

Postby mystikmedia » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:16 pm

I have a similar problem with MP3. It always makes it Mp3. :s
mystikmedia
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:58 am

tonnelier wrote:I've reverted to version 4.5. and now have no problem with the French "si" being inverted :D

I couldn't reproduce it, works fine for me.

I presuppose you run Pocomail 4.5 using same options as Pocomail 4.8 ?

If you wish you can submit a support ticket through menu Help > Email support, please also attach spell.ini and spell.cfg files. Though if possible, do so from Pocomail 4.8, if you still have it installed.

mystikmedia wrote:I have a similar problem with MP3. It always makes it Mp3. :s

In Configure Spelling window, if it can't be found in Autocorrect Pairs, depending on your settings, I'd try to use either Ignore words in uppercase, or click on Dictionaries and edit custom dictionary to add MP3 to Added Words.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Cloudy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:16 am

If you set "autotext" it will change Si into is but it does it always (in subject and message body and also for CAPS) so I guess it's not autotext.

The behavior looks like some automatic spelling correction (like automatically correcting teh into the) since then CAPS are not "fixed" because it's then interpreted as an abbreviation and not a word.

However I didn't see this option in the software. And from what it looks like the "ignore UPPERCASE" is also disabled by default.
Barca Pro 2.8 | PocoMail 4.8 | myInfoToGo 2.1

"Imagination is more important then knowledge" --Albert Einstein
Cloudy
Frequent Visitor

Postby tonnelier » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:38 am

Tomas wrote:
tonnelier wrote:I've reverted to version 4.5. and now have no problem with the French "si" being inverted :D
I couldn't reproduce it, works fine for me.

I presuppose you run Pocomail 4.5 using same options as Pocomail 4.8 ?

If you wish you can submit a support ticket through menu Help > Email support, please also attach spell.ini and spell.cfg files. Though if possible, do so from Pocomail 4.8, if you still have it installed.
Yes, options identical for 4.5 and 4.8.

I reverted to 4.5 in May at the time I mentioned this problem and haven't had any glitches since.

Thanks for offer, Tomas, but I no longer have 4.8 on my PC and I prefer to chug along happily with 4.5.
tonnelier
Frequent Visitor

Postby mystikmedia » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:08 am

Thanks for the tip, Tomas. I now have a solution on that. :)
mystikmedia
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To