[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Pocomail Attachment Cleaner

Pocomail Attachment Cleaner

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Pocomail Attachment Cleaner

Postby Eric » Thu May 14, 2009 1:27 am

Hi all,

First of all I would like to thank Gert750 for providing this tool.
Well done. 8)

Here's the explanation on how it works.

First it will create a list of all files inside the Attachment folder.
Next it verifies all messages in every mailbox (mbx) and looks for the "X-Poco-Attachment:" header.
This header contains a reference to files.
When done, all filenames will be removed from that list, because it's not orphaned.

Last but not least that list will contain all filenames who don't have a valid reference.
Those files will then be moved from Attach to "C:\PocoOrphanAttach".

You can download this tool here: Pocomail Attachment Cleaner.

Enjoy. ;)
Eric

Postby Gert750 » Thu May 14, 2009 6:12 pm

The way I use it (about once each month):

Compress all folders
EXIT poco/barca
run the tool
check C:\PocoOrphanAttach for files I want to keep (none, most of the time, it is almost all spam related)
clean C:\PocoOrphanAttach

It is quite safe to use as it wont delete anything - unreferenced files are moved to C:\PocoOrphanAttach. If you don't run it as an Administrator, you should create the directory C:\PocoOrphanAttach yourself first.

**no guarantees ** please backup your attach folder before "first use" **
Gert750
Poco Tourist

Postby chrisretusn » Mon May 18, 2009 12:40 pm

Nice tool! Thanks!
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Gert750 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:43 pm

I received a "pm" from "Anil" with a warning....

He (or she?) had quite a large "Attach" folder, and when he ran the PocoAttachmentCleaner the first time he thought the program had hanged (aborted/crashed) because nothing seemed to happen and it wasn't responding or showing progress.

Especially the first time you use the tool it can seem unresponsive (it has a lot to do) - just let it run to completion, it can take a while.

The program was created by me for my own use, and I didn't really mind about "user friendliness" and such.

If Poco Systems want the source-code to improve on it, they can "pm" me.

Gert
Gert750
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To