[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Upgrade from Courier

Upgrade from Courier

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Upgrade from Courier

Postby scott_1972 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:34 am

I bought Poco mail because I'm an old user of Courier. There does not seem to be a simple way to import my courier email accounts, settings, filters, folders, contacts and email.

How should this be done?
scott_1972
New Arrival

Re: Upgrade from Courier

Postby Eric » Thu May 14, 2009 4:18 pm

Hi scott_1972 & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
scott_1972 wrote:I bought Poco mail because I'm an old user of Courier.
Hope you'll enjoy it as much as we do.
There does not seem to be a simple way to import my courier email accounts, settings, filters, folders, contacts and email.
It's been quite a while since I used Courier, so I'm not sure in which format Courier stores its mailboxes.
Email account settings, filters and folders must be recreated unfortunately.
Contacts and email can be imported.

If you can export your emails as EML's then you can simply do a drag and drop. :)

See also Migrating from Multiple E-Mail Clients to Poco

If still no luck, contact the Poco Systems Helpdesk or you could simply send them an email from within your registered version.

In the meantime do have a great weekend. ;)
Eric

Postby BARYNGYL » Wed May 20, 2009 4:05 pm

Where do you simply drag and drop the EML's to?

Will this put them into each folder where you originally had them in Courier?

I just sent this to PocoSystems before I found this forum.
"I like the looks of the new pocoMail4 but it looks like it does not have an easy way to just upgrade my Courier mailbox, it looks like I have to use a third party software and then import each fold separately and I have several hundred folders so it would take forever.

Is there a simple way/program to just import all my info at one time from my Courier *.box file?"

Unless there is a way to import from Courier in just one click or so then I see no reason to upgrade to PocoMail4.

Michael Grace
BARYNGYL
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Thu May 21, 2009 8:18 am

Hi Michael & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
BARYNGYL wrote:Where do you simply drag and drop the EML's to?
EML messages can be imported by simply dragging and dropping them on the application window from Windows Explorer - they will automatically be added to the current folder. :)
Will this put them into each folder where you originally had them in Courier?
Unfortunately not.

Did you take a look at this?: If you are importing from the Courier email client, a special Courier-to-PocoMail Quick Start Guide was prepared by RoseCitySoftware. This guide explains how to import messages, contacts (address book) and signatures. This guide also gives many tips on the initial setup. 8)
Is there a simple way/program to just import all my info at one time from my Courier *.box file?"
AFAIK there's none to be found.
The same applies to other email clients. You've to start fresh, so there's always some work coming your way to migrate from one to the other. :?
Unless there is a way to import from Courier in just one click or so then I see no reason to upgrade to PocoMail4.
I wish it were possible, but with all the email clients I've tested/used, it simply isn't possible. :(

However I do hope that PDF will guide you through your migration, so you'll enjoy Poco as much as we do. In my case it's Barca Pro.
Have fun with it. ;)
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To