[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Can't uninstall Pocomail 4.8

Can't uninstall Pocomail 4.8

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Can't uninstall Pocomail 4.8

Postby JD » Sun May 17, 2009 9:29 am

I've used different versions of Pocomail over the years and have always been disappointed over the instability and bugs that make it impossible to depend on.

When the "Courier" replacement was announced, I'd thought I would give 4.8 a try. Once again a mistake. It doesn't handle IMAP like it should plus it somehow combined Gmail labels from 2 different Gmail accounts, making one a nested folder under another completely different account.

So, I just left it alone for awhile. Launched it again today, found out that my trial version has expired, gave me an option to purchase or to get it free by buying something else from another website. I hit cancel and the un-install process started.

That's when all hell broke loose. I started getting flooded with an unending amount of pop-up windows that says "Access violation at address 009727FA in module poco.exe" along with some other numbers. The only way to stop it was to power off the PC.

I even tried Revo uninstaller but got the same endless pop ups. I'm using WinXP SP3.

Any idea how to get Pocomail off of my system?
JD
Poco Tourist

Re: Can't uninstall Pocomail 4.8

Postby Eric » Sun May 17, 2009 6:50 pm

JD wrote:I've used different versions of Pocomail over the years and have always been disappointed over the instability and bugs that make it impossible to depend on.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Poco JD. :cry:
When the "Courier" replacement was announced, I'd thought I would give 4.8 a try. Once again a mistake. It doesn't handle IMAP like it should plus it somehow combined Gmail labels from 2 different Gmail accounts, making one a nested folder under another completely different account.
I don't use IMAP ofter, however from hearing others I do understand Poco isn't quite ready for full IMAP. :?
That's when all hell broke loose. I started getting flooded with an unending amount of pop-up windows that says "Access violation at address 009727FA in module poco.exe" along with some other numbers. The only way to stop it was to power off the PC.
That's really strange, since I uninstalled, re-installed it several times, including the betas. :shock:
Are you sure Pocomail's process wasn't still running?

I've never had to power off my PC. In case something went wrong all I had to do was kill the process.

I even tried Revo uninstaller but got the same endless pop ups. I'm using WinXP SP3.
Any idea how to get Pocomail off of my system?
Sure, it quite simple. :)
Just delete the installation folder from Poco and it's gone.
Some references are left in the registry, so using a registry cleaner should take care of that.

Hope that helps. ;)
Eric

Re: Can't uninstall Pocomail 4.8

Postby chrisretusn » Mon May 18, 2009 12:10 pm

JD wrote:That's when all hell broke loose. I started getting flooded with an unending amount of pop-up windows that says "Access violation at address 009727FA in module poco.exe" along with some other numbers. The only way to stop it was to power off the PC.

Just to let you know you are not alone with this problem. I experienced that same exact problem. I used task manager to kill Poco.exe which stopped it. I just tested this and it did it again. I does remove PocoMail with the exception of the data folder (which is should not delete anyway) and the Programs\PocoMail folder leaving PocoMail.ini and spell.cfg. Which I prefer as it allows for a quick reinstall.

To remove as Eric mentioned just delete the Programs/PocoMail folder.

I am using Windows XP Pro SP3.

PocoMail for me has been very stable and usable program.

Edit: The problems with uninstalling does not happen if the default (%appdata%) data location is used. My normal location is D:\PocoData and when uninstalling the error occurs.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby JD » Sun May 24, 2009 1:21 am

Thanks for the replies. I deleted the pocomail directories and then used Revo uninstaller to clean up what was left.
JD
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Sun May 24, 2009 6:18 am

You're welcome JD. :wink:
Hope you'll give Poco another chance, since it does work great here.
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To