[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Uninstalling Pocomail and Re-installing PocoMail

Uninstalling Pocomail and Re-installing PocoMail

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Uninstalling Pocomail and Re-installing PocoMail

Postby greatdeals00 » Mon May 18, 2009 10:42 am

Hi Everyone,

I want to do a fresh install of Pocomail 4 but I can't seem to do it. I uninstall everything from the control panel and then I even go and delete the left over Pocomail4 folder but when I try to install a fresh version of Pocomail4 I end up getting my old Pocomail4 back. Can anyone help!?

Thanks!
greatdeals00
Frequent Visitor

Postby chrisretusn » Mon May 18, 2009 12:24 pm

The answer depends on what OS you are using.

I am using Windows XP Pro (SP3). The PocoMail program is installed in Program Files\PocoMail. The default data files location in XP is C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Application Data\Pocomail, where xxx is your XP username.

The data files are not deleted as part of the uninstall. If you are reinstalling to the default location the program will pick up the old install.

Try selecting other than the default option when reinstalling. Such as My Documents or Other location. I have my PocoMail data files on my D: drive. I have a folder called PocoData on D:, I install the data files to that location.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby aderoy » Mon May 18, 2009 11:48 pm

Also you may wish to use a better uninstall application. The Windows builtin Control Panel remover leaves a lot to be desired.

Found this to work well: Revo Uninstaller (Freeware)

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

This should help.
aderoy
Frequent Visitor

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To