[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Options - Directories

Options - Directories

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Options - Directories

Postby John Lewis » Sat May 23, 2009 5:05 am

I am using Pocomail 4.8.0.4400 on XP Professional SP3.

The main Pocomail program is on the C partition, but I have a smallish partition I use specifically for e-mail, so the Mail diectory in Options/Directories is G:\PocoMail and the addresses Book Directory is G:\Address.

Normally all works as it should.

However at intervals the program has changed the Mail directory to simply \Mail and particularly annoyingly, the adress book directory to \Address which for some reason results in the adress books in G:\address becoming empty. Because much of my e-mails are replies I do not always notice that I have lost the address books and when the program does a back up it backs up blank address books, so Pocomail.bak does not have them any more.

The first time this happened was when I upgraded to Pocomail 4.8 and it has happened three times since.

All is not lost as I back up the G: partition on a daily basis to an external hard disk using Acronis, but it is annoying to have to recover the G:\Address directory when it actually had addresses in it at intervals.

Any ideas why the directories in the Options revert to default ones and I lookse the contents of the address books, please? Can I do anything about it?

John
John Lewis
Poco Tourist

Re: Options - Directories

Postby Eric » Sun May 24, 2009 6:27 am

John Lewis wrote:Any ideas why the directories in the Options revert to default ones and I lookse the contents of the address books, please? Can I do anything about it?
Can't think of anything right now John. :?

Maybe related to PocoMail wont keep settings :?:

Could be your settings got corrupted or something is changing it at certain intervals?

:idea: Do keep a close eye on it, so you'll be able to pinpoint the problem.
If not, reset your poco.ini.

1. Close Poco first.
2. Rename poco.ini to poco_old.ini
3. Restart Poco now
Prior to renaming that file, it would be best to take screenshots of your Options or noting them down.

Let me know if it helped. ;)
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To