[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Message divider and Fonts use by Sender

Message divider and Fonts use by Sender

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Message divider and Fonts use by Sender

Postby Donna » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:38 pm

Hi,

PocoMail v4.8 here on Vista SP2.
Really need help as how to get below items done. I've tried to play around the available options but still can't figure it out :oops:

1. Message divider
If I hit reply to an email, is it possible to make PocoMail to add the divider? Like a visible "divider" below header? BTW, my selected tags for reply are:
To: %to%
Sent: %header%:"Date"
I wish to see a visible divider before the said tags. I have "show divider line between headers and body" selected in Advanced options but it's still not adding the divider that it's supposed to do.

2. Keep the fonts use by the sender
While viewing/reading the new email, it is displayed the way it was sent by the sender (all format) which is I love. When I hit reply, the fonts of the message that I'm responding is changed to my font settings. How can I make PocoMail use my font when writing/replying but do not change the font of the quoted email?
I have selected "Styled" in the sending message format.
Example: My selected font is "Tahoma". The message I received is using "Times New Roman". If I hit reply, everything is Tahoma :(
I know I can manually change the font the way I like it displayed but is there a way to make Poco to not to change other's (the sender) fonts?

Thanks again, All!

Regards,

Donna
Calendar of Updates
Keep Your Security Software Current
Upgrades, Updates & Definitions
Donna
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Message divider and Fonts use by Sender

Postby Eric » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:13 am

Hi Donna,
Donna wrote:PocoMail v4.8 here on Vista SP2.
Really need help as how to get below items done. I've tried to play around the available options but still can't figure it out :oops:
Not yet on Vista SP2, so it could be your first problem is due to that service pack. :?:
1. I wish to see a visible divider before the said tags. I have "show divider line between headers and body" selected in Advanced options but it's still not adding the divider that it's supposed to do.
I see it here on all my sent mail.
Played a bit with the options, but couldn't find how to reproduce your problem. :?
No reply tags here, only Insert header is checked.

:idea: A test perhaps to see if it changes anything?
Close Poco and rename poco.ini to poco_old.ini.
Restart Poco now.
If it still doesn't work, close Poco, delete poco.ini and rename poco_old.ini to poco.ini.
Restart again and your previous settings will be back. :)
2. How can I make PocoMail use my font when writing/replying but do not change the font of the quoted email?
I could be wrong here, but I think that's a limitation of the current engine. :?
Perhaps the next major upgrade with the new engine will do it, although that's wishful thinking right now.

Sorry. ;)
Eric

Postby MarkB » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:43 pm

Hi Donna and Eric,

The option "Show divider line between headers and body" refers to the UI -- the message window and the preview pane. It has no effect on the header items that you insert into the body of a reply message. As for the line you want: personally, I would just type in a line, in Options | Sending Mail | Quoting Text | Reply | Insert Header, perhaps like this:

Code: Select all
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To: %to%
Sent: %header%:"Date"
MarkB
Poco Enthusiast

Postby chrisretusn » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:42 pm

Just to add another concept of the same theme as MarkB

This is what I use:
Code: Select all
== Original Message ========================
Date: %sent%

It comes out as:

== Original Message ========================
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 19:50:06 -0500

Body starts here.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:37 pm

Hi Mark,
MarkB wrote:The option "Show divider line between headers and body" refers to the UI -- the message window and the preview pane. It has no effect on the header items that you insert into the body of a reply message.
Thanks for correcting it, I must have been sleeping. :oops: :lol:
Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:38 pm

Hi Mark,
MarkB wrote:The option "Show divider line between headers and body" refers to the UI -- the message window and the preview pane. It has no effect on the header items that you insert into the body of a reply message.
Thanks for correcting it, I must have been sleeping. :oops: :lol:
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To