[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - PocoMail & Win 7

PocoMail & Win 7

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

PocoMail & Win 7

Postby mezaleski » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:22 am

I've tried to make PocoMail the default mail program in Win 7. I used the pocormf.exe file, even running it as administrator. IE8 still doesn't recognize Pocomail.

Pocomail doesn't even show up in the 'Control Panel/Default Programs' list!! I installed it (it was trialware before I entered my license code) in Win 7 as one of the first things I did.

Will reinstalling over the top create a problem for me? Is this even the route I want to try?

I really like PocoMail but I don't want to have to revert to Win XP to be able to use it.

Any ideas.. :?:
mezaleski
New Arrival

Postby luxor » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:17 pm

Hi mezaleski

After you run the patch did you try right clicking on the Pocomail icon and running as administrator. Once Pocomail is running go to options -> Use as default mail program: and click on make default.

Hopefully that will fix it for you.

Luxor
luxor
Resident Poster

Postby ianw » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:14 pm

PocoMail does work in W7, try that and if it does not work un-install and install it again.

What version are you using of Pocomail ?
Is it 4.8, thats what I'm using.
ianw

Just install normally in Win 7...

Postby ntarvin » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:43 am

I installed Poco 4.8 on Win 7 (7260) - no patches, no admin, no nothing. Just a straight install and it has been working fine.

If it doesn't work in IE8 then start using Firefox as your browser - it's sooooo much better than IE... and Firefox will make it your default mailer with no problems...

My only problem now is to find a good synch program to synch mail between Win 7 and Win XP (have been using Allway and it seems to be doing the trick...)

Neil
==============
ntarvin
Drop-in Visitor

Postby joelbb » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:06 am

I am having nightmares in Win 7 64 bit RTM. Emails come through fine initially then randomly get corrupted into text like:

Code: Select all
  </tr>
    </table><br>
      <table width="700" border="0" cellspacing="0" class="box3">
                                <tr>
                                        <td colspan="4" scope="row">
                                                <table cellspacing='0' width='685' class='ReqSum box3_text1' id='ReqSum'><tr class='ReqSumHeader' style='font-weight:bold;'><td class='productNameHdr' width='560'>Product Name</td><td align='center' class='qtyHdr'>Qty</td><td class='priceHdr'>Price</td></tr><tr><td class='box3_text1'><strong>Power2Go 6 (Download version)</strong></td><td align='center' class='box3_qty'>1  </td><td class='box3_price'>$27.96</td></tr><tr><td colspan='4' style='padding-left:10px;'><a href="http://wgtot16.digitalriver.com/wgt/9B5A4FCEF11DA80C/7D558B08C1D3D35077B44E723DECBFA1CE3D5F3C73571C63CFDB32698DA8C883E3DF4CAE4CF81BD0271475CF9B14DA688FA57016355EA9E785387C96F7085C1DAEDAA180C53FF810/clinkus/CyberLink_Power2Go6_093108aWin7_P2G090714-01.exe">Download </a><span class="dlName">CyberLink_Power2Go6_093108aWin7_P2G090714-01.exe</span><br/></td></tr><tr class='ReqSumDRM'><td class='srNumber box3_text1' colspan='4' style='border-top:0px solid #fff;'> Serial Number: GXV2J-L4BVQ-JFC4R-ANFK9-3E2CW-W2PDK</td></tr><tr><td colspan='4' style='border-bottom:1px solid #000;'></td></td></table>

and clicking on one email may show another email, very bizarre. Does anyone have a fix? Or a way to recover my account passwords so I can change to outlook?
joelbb
Drop-in Visitor

Postby ianw » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:18 pm

joelbb,
If all of your emails are corrupt, or even or only some, have you tried completely uninstalling Pocomail and re-installing it.

Uninstall it,
Go into "Users"\"your name"\"Appdata"
There are 3 folders, go into "Local", delete any Pocomail folders then do the same in "Roaming".
Check in C:\Program files, if its W7 it maybe Program Files(x86)
check there is not a Pocomail folder. If there is delete it or them.

Clean out all temp files etc from C:,
if you dont have a program, CCleaner at is free.
http://www.ccleaner.com/download/builds
select the Slim version at the bottom, install, re-start and use it.

Then Defragment C: so that all files are not split.

Reininstall Pocomail and see what happens.

hopefully that should work.
ianw

Postby ianw » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:21 pm

Sorry, I forgot you are using W7.

This is the folder to look in for a Pocomail folder.

Check in C:\Program files (x86)
ianw

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To