[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Poco 4.8 Receive/Send filters and sound

Poco 4.8 Receive/Send filters and sound

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Poco 4.8 Receive/Send filters and sound

Postby slandon6717 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:01 am

This may have been answered somewhere but I could not find it. I am new to Poco after using Calypso/Courier for many years. It seems that the filter system in Poco is not easy like in Courier.
1. When I set up a filter in Courier I could select incoming, outgoing, reply to. Now it appears that I would have to create 3 separate filters for this in Poco. Any ideas?
2. In Courier, I could have a different incoming mail sound for each account. I could not find this is Poco.
3. The reason I stuck with Courier for so long was the great database type search that would find anything in any area, header,from, to, body. Is there a search in Poco that will do the same thing?
Thanks,
Steve
slandon6717
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Poco 4.8 Receive/Send filters and sound

Postby Eric » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:19 am

Hi Steve & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
slandon6717 wrote:This may have been answered somewhere but I could not find it. I am new to Poco after using Calypso/Courier for many years. It seems that the filter system in Poco is not easy like in Courier.
Since you're new to Poco, it takes some time to really know what you can do with it. A lot to discover.
Had Courier before, but I like Barca Pro better. :)
1. When I set up a filter in Courier I could select incoming, outgoing, reply to. Now it appears that I would have to create 3 separate filters for this in Poco. Any ideas?
Don't quite understand your question :?
Could you please clarify what you mean by that?
2. In Courier, I could have a different incoming mail sound for each account. I could not find this is Poco.
You could create a filter for each account to play a different sound or you could create an Event OnAdd, so whenever a message is added to certain folder/subfolders that sound is played.

Here's a screenshot of such an event.

Just change the Perform action to play a sound.
3. The reason I stuck with Courier for so long was the great database type search that would find anything in any area, header,from, to, body. Is there a search in Poco that will do the same thing?
What I like in Barca is the Quick Search (previously called Focus), so you can find anything which is present in the header or the subject.
Also when switching to other folders the search will still be active. It's really quite fast.
If you do have to find something inside the body of messages, then use the Search feature (CTRL+F).
There's also the search for the selected message (Find).

Hope that helps you getting started and have fun with Poco. ;)
Eric

When I set up a filter in Poco...

Postby slandon6717 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:36 am

Thanks for the quick response and the answers. In Courier when I would right click on the FROM area in a message and select "add to filter" the filter creation popup allowed me to select From, also To and also Reply to. When I send out email or reply back to a sender that email is in a subfolder, I want all email related to that sender in that subfolder, even the email I send to them. I don't see a way to do that in Poco. When I create a filter by right clicking on the FROM in Poco, I only get a choice of filtering the FROM. I can't add SENT To or Reply To. So, it looks like I would have to create 3 filters for every email address I correspond with. Not a good option.
Thanks,
Steve
slandon6717
Drop-in Visitor

Re: When I set up a filter in Poco...

Postby Eric » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:00 am

slandon6717 wrote:Thanks for the quick response and the answers.
You're welcome Steve. :wink:
In Courier when I would right click on the FROM area in a message and select "add to filter" the filter creation popup allowed me to select From, also To and also Reply to.
You can right-click on the email address to use the quick filter, but there's even better. See below. :)
When I send out email or reply back to a sender that email is in a subfolder, I want all email related to that sender in that subfolder, even the email I send to them. I don't see a way to do that in Poco.
When you add a contact, you can eventually create the incoming filter as well as the outgoing filter.
Go to Tools > Options > Drag and Drop settings.
Dropping a contact on a folder will automatically create your incoming and outgoing filter. 8)
When I create a filter by right clicking on the FROM in Poco, I only get a choice of filtering the FROM. I can't add SENT To or Reply To. So, it looks like I would have to create 3 filters for every email address I correspond with. Not a good option.
You could add a condition to your filter, so you'll have several options. Add the condition OR to your original filter, as well as for Recipient.

No need to create 3 different filters. You could easily use the script save_by_book.poc to be found in Extras. You only need to put your contacts into a certain address book.

I hope it clears up some things you didn't understand.
I know it's not Courier and while Poco/Barca does have some weaknesses, it certainly does have very strong points too.

You'll discover it soon enough. ;)
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To