[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Big size list of new mails

Big size list of new mails

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Big size list of new mails

Postby ente » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:48 am

While at the office, when Pocomails makes its 15minutes actualisation, a small window pops up fast and presents the list with the new mails, at home, this windows, almost like in a fairy tale, doesn't stop to grow, takes a lot of time and finally fills almost about two thirds of the screen.

I'm sure, there must be somewhere a button to stop this, but I don't know where. Can anybody tell.
Thanks, Ente
ente
Resident Poster

Re: Big size list of new mails

Postby Eric » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:04 am

Hi Ente,
ente wrote:While at the office, when Pocomails makes its 15minutes actualisation, a small window pops up fast and presents the list with the new mails, at home, this windows, almost like in a fairy tale, doesn't stop to grow, takes a lot of time and finally fills almost about two thirds of the screen.
To completely stop it, go to Tools > Option > Interface options and check 'Disable Email console'.
Else you can stop by account = uncheck 'Show in Console'.

You could also reduce the size of the PocoConsole by resizing it once it shows up. :)

BTW Mine fills about 2/3 of my screen and I really like it, since I've applied a background image to it. 8)
Eric

Postby ente » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:50 am

Eric wrote:
You could also reduce the size of the PocoConsole by resizing it once it shows up. :)

BTW Mine fills about 2/3 of my screen and I really like it, since I've applied a background image to it. 8)

Eric,
thanks. Resizing was what I was looking for. Actually, since I don't know, what makes the decision how many mails show up in the PocoConsole - always many more then the ones which came in with the last check, what makes it for me to be not realy usefull, I may even decide to turn it of in the accounts set up menu.
Ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:04 am

ente wrote:Eric,
thanks. Resizing was what I was looking for.
You're welcome Ente. :wink:
Actually, since I don't know, what makes the decision how many mails show up in the PocoConsole - always many more then the ones which came in with the last check, what makes it for me to be not realy usefull, I may even decide to turn it of in the accounts set up menu.
Click on the Poco icon in your systray to show the Console.
Next right-click on it and select 'Show since Last viewed'.
This way the console will only show new mail as well as mail you didn't read yet.

It's useful to know what comes in, but I also like the way it unfolds onto my screen with that great background. :lol: 8)
Eric

Postby ente » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:39 am

Eric wrote:
thanks. Resizing was what I was looking for.
You're welcome Ente. :wink:
Actually, since I don't know, what makes the decision how many mails show up in the PocoConsole - always many more then the ones which came in with the last check, what makes it for me to be not realy usefull, I may even decide to turn it of in the accounts set up menu.
Click on the Poco icon in your systray to show the Console.
Next right-click on it and select 'Show since Last viewed'.
This way the console will only show new mail as well as mail you didn't read yet.

It's useful to know what comes in, but I also like the way it unfolds onto my screen with that great background. :lol: 8)

Eric,
I'm so glad that I have not longer to think about turning the console off...Ente

BTW. Since I did not understand at once your instruction, I tried to look up "console" in the help file. Without success it's unknown there
ente
Resident Poster

Postby Eric » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:17 am

I'm so glad that I have not longer to think about turning the console off...Ente
Glad it helped. :)
BTW. Since I did not understand at once your instruction, I tried to look up "console" in the help file. Without success it's unknown there
Tried to find it too, but didn't succeed.
I think I picked it up on this forum some time ago.
Pity it isn't described in Help or else I overlooked it. :?
Eric

Postby Tomas » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:11 am

I got four search results for "console" but there is no dedicated topic, I'll have it covered for the next help file edition. Thanks!
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To