[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Fonts: can't see attachments!

Fonts: can't see attachments!

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Fonts: can't see attachments!

Postby Bluediamond » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:39 am

Hi, I can't manage to see the ttf. files that come as attachments through my mail.

The same files went sent to me through Gmail and I can see them perfectly. I even have a link underneath to download.

I get all attachments alright (JPG, GIF, etc.) and wanted to know if there is a reason why font attachments don't appear. Must I click something in the settings?

Thank you for your help.
Bluediamond
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Cloudy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:39 pm

I just emailed a .ttf to myself and it works fine here (don't remember changing anything in the settings).

You can see in the "attachment" directory if the .ttf is there (depending on the version of windows and how you setup Barca it can be in various locations).

maybe your ISP has a spamfilter that removes the ttf (but I see no reason to do so, if it was an .exe I could understand) and I assume you are not using Barca to get your mail from the gmail account ?

on my system (Vista) the default location for the attachments is:

C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Pocomail\Attach

the AppData directory is "hidden" so you don't see it.
On XP it's (I think) My Documents and ApplicationData (also hidden) and there is no "roaming" directory.

you can also set another directory for the attachments (for example Eric put all his directories on D or E so if his C crashes he still has his emails on the other drive). if you for example set E:\PocoMail\Attach for the attachments and resend the email you can see there if the TTF is present (don't need to search your other attachments).
Barca Pro 2.8 | PocoMail 4.8 | myInfoToGo 2.1

"Imagination is more important then knowledge" --Albert Einstein
Cloudy
Frequent Visitor

Postby Bluediamond » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:42 am

If I understand well, the attachment goes automatically to the directory? I always have to fetch it there?

Each time I get an attachment, it is always separated (though related to it) from the mail and so I have to go and fetch it in the directory? Is that it?

This means that it will never appear or be downloadable in the mail itself?

But then why do I sometimes get images (called image filenames) with tabs underneath that open them?

Many thanks again
Bluediamond
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:53 am

Bluediamond wrote:If I understand well, the attachment goes automatically to the directory? I always have to fetch it there?

Each time I get an attachment, it is always separated (though related to it) from the mail and so I have to go and fetch it in the directory? Is that it?

This means that it will never appear or be downloadable in the mail itself?

But then why do I sometimes get images (called image filenames) with tabs underneath that open them?

There are two attachment handling modes, either attachments are extracted to the Attach directory, or they are kept encoded inside of the email message. In both cases, attachments are visible in the attachments pane.
(you can check through menu View > Show > Show Attachments pane). It's possible you might have that pane minimized, in that case there is a thin grey bar with two arrows on which you can click to maximize, or drag&drop to resize, located to the left of the message (perhaps even at the bottom, not sure about this right now).

If in doubt, please submit a support request through menu Help > Email support, for a tailor-made advice.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Bluediamond » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:08 am

You're right, it was hidden and I had no idea that there ever had an attachment pane.

The attachments are there indeed. I was surprised to see that such a powerful email software like Pocomail hadn't that option, i.e. downloading attachments (gif, ttf, etc.) directly from the message.

I'm very new to Pocomail, am still discovering how it works and it's true that sometimes, I do get stuck for things that might seem so elementary.

Many thanks again for your precious help.
Bluediamond
Drop-in Visitor

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To