[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - How can I download a gif from Pocomail?

How can I download a gif from Pocomail?

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

How can I download a gif from Pocomail?

Postby Bluediamond » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:33 am

When I get a gif in the body of my mail, even if I open the image by double-clicking it, I can't download it. The "Save as" is not activated. While it is when the image is a jpg...

How can I download gifs that don't go to the attachment directory?

Thank you
Bluediamond
Drop-in Visitor

Re: How can I download a gif from Pocomail?

Postby Eric » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:37 am

Bonsoir Bluediamond & bienvenue chez Poco Forums, :D
Bluediamond wrote:How can I download gifs that don't go to the attachment directory?
Are you talking about a gif which must be downloaded from an external source?

Is Poco set to extract attachments or are they embedded within the message?

Click on the little triangles to open the attachment pane. This only applies if you keep attachments within the body.

Hope that helps. ;)
Eric

Postby Bluediamond » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:50 am

That is simply terrific! It's exactly what I was looking for! :D

The attachment pane wasn't open and I had no idea it was there.

Thanks a million! I got Pocomail a month ago and get sometimes stuck with stupid little things such as downloading an attachment. When it sounds so simple once you know...

Anyway, thanks again! :wink:
Bluediamond
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:57 am

You're welcome Bluediamond.
Glad to hear it solved your problem. :)
BTW You still have a lot to find out about Poco & in time you'll
certainly discover those little treasures which makes it easier. ;)
Eric

Postby chrisretusn » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:20 pm

Another option for showing attachments is selecting "Show list of attached files before message text" under Options, Reading Mail. This is my preferred method, rather that using the Attachments Pane. This is what it looks like.

Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To