[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Poco 4.8 - HTML mail forwarding. Looses formating

Poco 4.8 - HTML mail forwarding. Looses formating

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Poco 4.8 - HTML mail forwarding. Looses formating

Postby Blyth » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:11 pm

I have installed Poco on a friends computer for trial (gets him away from Outlook Express's nasty problems). So it's a fresh install with default install settings.

He receives a HTML email weekly that he normally forwards on.

The problem is that when he hits for the forward email the new window comes up and the HTML email has lost its neat layout and looks all over the place.

I have forwarded this email to myself to see if it arrives in it's original form.

I does but it's a little scattered, like some spacing has thrown it off.

Is there some way (or a setting in Poco) that hitting forward on HTML emails will make it retain it's original formatting?

I'm happy to send a copy of the email to an admin to demonstrate what I'm talking about.
Blyth
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Poco 4.8 - HTML mail forwarding. Looses formating

Postby Eric » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:29 am

Blyth wrote:Is there some way (or a setting in Poco) that hitting forward on HTML emails will make it retain it's original formatting?
The only way at present to retain formatting would be to forward it as an attachment. (Shift+CTRL+W).

Unfortunately due to the current engine restrictions it's the only way to keep HTLM formatting intact. :?

Send also a copy to Support, so he can have a look at it. ;)
Eric

Postby Blyth » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:03 pm

Sadly the person receiving the emails uses a Blackberry.

I don't know how that would work as I don't know if a Blackberry can handle html attachments or attachments in general.

I will send that copy of the email to support now.
Blyth
Drop-in Visitor

Forwarding HTML emails

Postby Vaelor » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:29 pm

I have found that using Redirect (Bounce in earlier versions) instead of Forward that HTML emails retain their formatting. I don't know why there is the difference, but it seems to work.

Cheers
Vaelor
New Arrival

Postby Blyth » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:03 am

Ooo, nice.

Much thanks for the info and taking the time for your first reply.

Will give that a try.

It's frustrating that forward kills the HTML code formatting, as you can imagine for someone that's not computer headed, to see all the nice formatting totally be screwed isn't good.

For me, I would call that a bug in Poco as much as I love it as an email program, it shouldn't affect the content of any emails that are being sent in any way.

Thanks again Vaelor.
Blyth
Drop-in Visitor

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To