[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - converting Courier mailbox to Pocomail

converting Courier mailbox to Pocomail

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

converting Courier mailbox to Pocomail

Postby mmb » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:19 am

I've been using Pocomail for a few days without converting my Courier mailbox. Now I want to at least import my address book from Courier. I have the instructions but have a few questions:

1. When you convert your Courier mailbox, will everything else you already have in Pocomail be wiped out? (existing messages and folders, that is?)

2. Can you convert your Courier mailbox as of a certain date, or do you have to convert the whole thing?

3. Can you import just your address book but not the messages and folders?

Thanks,
mmb
mmb
New Arrival

Postby gavinjb » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:38 am

Hi,

You shouldn't lose anything when you do an import, but I would always run a backup (under the file menu) prior to doing an import of mail.

As for importing your contacts, I would try exporting them from your Courier Mailbox as LDIF or CSV (I usually find LDIF is the easier to import), as I have never used Courier Mailbox I can't tell you how to do this or if it is possilbe (I would hope it should be).

Gavin,
gavinjb
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:54 am

Hi mmb & welcome to Poco Forums, :D

Have a look at Upgrade from Courier.
It gives you a PDF with clear instructions on how to perform the migration. 8)

Hope that helps. ;)
Eric

imported contacts but need to delete them

Postby mmb » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:28 am

I exported my Courier contacts to a CSV file, and imported them into Pocomail, and it sort of seemed to work, but now I can't get Pocomail to sort the contacts alphabetically, and a few seem to be missing. I don't see how to delete all the contacts so I can start over. Would I have to create a new mailbox entirely in order to start over? (Yes, I did set the Pocomail categories to match my CSV file).

Margaret
mmb
New Arrival

was able to fix address book

Postby mmb » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:11 pm

I figured out what was wrong. I needed to edit the CSV because there were a couple of items with info in the wrong column . Then in order to delete the old address book, I had to name a new one first. Imported the edited CSV file into the new one, looks OK now.

Margaret
mmb
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:37 pm

I'm glad you sorted it out Margaret. :)
Enjoy Poco. :wink:
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To