[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Configuring Pocomail for Insightbb email [Mod: Resolved]

Configuring Pocomail for Insightbb email [Mod: Resolved]

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Configuring Pocomail for Insightbb email [Mod: Resolved]

Postby catman915 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:23 am

I'm switching to Insight Cable for BB and can't get Pocomail to send message to my account. I get a message that says "5.5.1 DATA without RCPT TO". I can use Outlook Express fine but can't get Pocomail to work. It will ckeck for and receive mail from the account but not send. Would appreciate any Assistance. Thanks
catman915
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:39 am

My guess there's something wrong with your configuration.
Did you try the setup as given to you by Insight Cable :?:
Eric

Postby catman915 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:32 am

Yes I did. Got another agent and the Problem is solved. It was operator error, I forgot to change my default account and was trying to send email on Insight server with Fuse account. Thanks for the response.
catman915
Poco Tourist

Re: Configuring Pocomail for Insightbb email

Postby chrisretusn » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:36 am

catman915 wrote:I get a message that says "5.5.1 DATA without RCPT TO". I can use Outlook Express fine but can't get Pocomail to work. It will ckeck for and receive mail from the account but not send. Would appreciate any Assistance. Thanks

That error sometimes indicates the SMTP server requires POP before SMTP

Try doing a check first in PocoMail, then try sending the message.

POP before send is another method of authentication. Rather then requiring password authentication, it uses the IP address recorded from your the last POP session for authentication. When sending the SMTP server checks to see if you recently POP'd the server from that IP, if so it allows the send, if not it rejects it. There is normally a timeout associated with this anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes.

POP before SMTP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edit: I see you post while I was editing. Glad you got it sorted out.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:02 pm

catman915 wrote:Yes I did. Got another agent and the Problem is solved. It was operator error, I forgot to change my default account and was trying to send email on Insight server with Fuse account. Thanks for the response.
You're welcome. ;)
If we don't make errors, then we don't learn.
Glad you found it. :)
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To