[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - PocoMail Hung?

PocoMail Hung?

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

PocoMail Hung?

Postby jailbird » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:29 pm

I'm running PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 on Windows 7 x86 RC.

Everything was working fine for days, up until yesterday using IMAP4. When I start PocoMail, it goes to check email (I have it set to auto-check at startup). It then gets to "Logged in." & 0% of 8 messages, and then processed to sit there. The Check button says "Stop", and I can click it to stop, but if I clip Check again, the same thing happens.

Opera M2 opens my mailbox fine, and I can telnet to the POP3 port by hand and LIST and see my mail. I've tried it both using SSL and not. No firewall running, AV is Avira Antivir.

Any ideas on why it's hanging, or how to unstick it?
jailbird
New Arrival

Re: PocoMail Hung?

Postby Eric » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:59 pm

Hi jailbird & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
jailbird wrote:I'm running PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 on Windows 7 x86 RC.

Any ideas on why it's hanging, or how to unstick it?
Could be a problem with Windows 7, since it's not yet supported :?:
Something changed to your IMAP4 account?

Could you check under Tools > Options > Advanced > Network Settings if 'Maximum number of accounts to check at the same time when checking mail' is set to 1.
Also verify if your time out isn't set to low. Mine is set at 600.

Hope that helps. ;)
Eric

Postby Tomas » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:51 am

One more option is the antivirus, try to disable any email scanning functionality.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To