[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Ghost command! [Mod: Resolved]

Ghost command! [Mod: Resolved]

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Ghost command! [Mod: Resolved]

Postby Penintel » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:29 am

Hello the Dream team!

I hope you had a wonderful Summer as we are lucky enough to enjoy over here!
Just a slight problem with POCO, not that it blocks anything (apparently!) but just irritating:
I use "Tune up Utilities" (paid version) for a good maintenance of my computer. But when it scans my "animal", I regularly get this message:
A problem with: C:\Prog~1~\Pocoma~1\Poco.exe
Cause: HKEY_Classes_root\Pocomail.URL.mailto\shell\open has no sub command and cannot work" (or something like that).
It proposes "Repair", which I click. It says "Problem repaired", and next time "Bingo again", same message...
Now, POCOMAIL seems to work all right, but I like to understand, and would appreciate to stop this teasing thing!
Thanks to all for your help!
Pierre
Pierre
Penintel
Poco Tourist

Re: Ghost command!

Postby Eric » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:43 am

Hi Pierre,
Penintel wrote:Hello the Dream team!

I hope you had a wonderful Summer as we are lucky enough to enjoy over here!
Sure did. Just back at work after 1 month vacation. :D
Just a slight problem with POCO, not that it blocks anything (apparently!) but just irritating:
I use "Tune up Utilities" (paid version) for a good maintenance of my computer. But when it scans my "animal", I regularly get this message:
A problem with: C:\Prog~1~\Pocoma~1\Poco.exe
Cause: HKEY_Classes_root\Pocomail.URL.mailto\shell\open has no sub command and cannot work" (or something like that).
That's weird, since I've got TuneUp Utilities 2009 and I don't see this message.
Now, POCOMAIL seems to work all right, but I like to understand, and would appreciate to stop this teasing thing!
Seems to me something messed up in your registry, so I would suggest to export that key first and next delete it.

No harm done in deleting that key.

Let me know if that fixed it. ;)
Eric

Export?

Postby Penintel » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:55 am

Hello Eric!
Great to hear from you!
I sure would like to get rid of this "itching" message, but how can I "export" such a key! I guess I have to find it first, which might prove difficult since something is "missing"!
If I find it, I suppose I can delete it directly from the registry via "regedit.exe"?
Anyway, POCO works fine like that, so I'd better be cautious??
Bien à vous!
Pierre
Pierre
Penintel
Poco Tourist

Re: Export?

Postby Eric » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:54 am

Penintel wrote:Hello Eric!
Great to hear from you!
Thanks Pierre. :)
I sure would like to get rid of this "itching" message, but how can I "export" such a key! I guess I have to find it first, which might prove difficult since something is "missing"!
Select the key and right-click to export.
If I find it, I suppose I can delete it directly from the registry via "regedit.exe"?
Yes, but to be cautious you need to export that key.

It's about the Mailto: command, so it can't mess up your system when deleting that key.

:idea: When done, just make Poco your default again.
Also have a look at MAILTO fix (setting Pocomail/Barca as default email program)

See if that works. ;)

P.S.: Moving this topic to Poco instead of Email Hall.
Last edited by Eric on Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Youppeee!

Postby Penintel » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:12 am

I think it worked all right!
But I am keeping the exported key all the same, just in case!
Once more thank you so, so much for your help!
Bien à vous!
Pierre.
Pierre
Penintel
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:51 am

Glad it helped Pierre. ;)
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To