[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Pocomail + Fusemail passwords - Now I can't send or recieve!

Pocomail + Fusemail passwords - Now I can't send or recieve!

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Pocomail + Fusemail passwords - Now I can't send or recieve!

Postby Kimmy.K » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:22 am

:!: This communication got started 2 days ago with Tomas (who is always very helpful) but I believe that my reply failed to reach him properly and I need help now to get my Poco issue resolved.

Here is what happened so far :
On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 16:19:26 -0400, I wrote:
>
> Hello.
> Poco4 is the client for my email provider FUSEMAIL.
> The last two days Fusemail has been sending its customers warnings about hackers breeching Fusemail's security and that we should all change our passwords immediately... which I did.
>
> As soon as I changed my password, this message popped up from Fusemail :
>
> "Once your password has been changed, you will need to update any device or email client you use to connect to your email account."
>
> I don't know what that means I am supposed to do, as far as my Pocomail goes. I wanted to ask you if there was something I am supposed to do to "update" my new Fusemail password into the Poco set up?
> Is that necessary... if so, how can I?
>
> Thanks ~ Kimmy

Tomas responded :

Hi Kimmy,

it's strange that you could send an email from Pocomail, after you have changed the password on fusemail? Pocomail shouldn't be able to connect to fusemail after password is changed. Unless your smtp server is from different provider and not fusemail.

Anyway, to change the passwords in Pocomail, please press F3 for an accounts list, select account, click Edit button, password for incoming server is in the general tab. Password for outgoing server can be changed in the Outgoing tab, if it's necessary (if you use fusemail smtp server).

Best regards,
Tomas

I responded :

Thanks Tomas.... I think the reason I was able to send from Poco even after having changed the Fusemail password is because I I had first opened Poco, where I read the email warning from Fusemail about changing the password. I kept the Poco open in one tab and then I opened Fusemail in another tab and changed the password. I then closed Fusemail and came back to the tab where Poco was still open from before ... and that's when I emailed you.

(If that makes sense.)

Anyway, I did change the password.
Poco is having problems though. :!:
I did as you instructed.... I went into Account list, Edit, and then I found the password for incoming server in the General tab. I changed the password to the same as Fusemail. I then went to the Outgoing tab and changed the outgoing password as well.
I did this same process for each of my four Poco accounts.

Then I closed Poco and reopened it again.

I decided to do some experiments so i sent one "test" email, from each of my four Poco accounts, to my free Hotmail address. Then I went to Hotmail to check and see if the four test emails had made it through. There were four emails there, but each email was listed as being sent from my main Poco account.... four emails from "The Knights"; when actually I had sent one from "The Knights", one from "kimmy.k" etc.
In my Hotmail there should have been four emails, each from a different poco account; not four sent from the same account.

Another experiment I tried was sending an email from Hotmail to each of my four Poco accounts.

When I came back to Poco and hit the "Check" mail button, I got an "error log" referring to logins having failed for three of my four Poco accounts. The only account that did not list login failure was my main account, "The Knights".

None of my four accounts can send or recive emails now! :shock:

I need help soon.

~ Kimmy

~ Removed email address ... Eric ~
Kimmy.K
Drop-in Visitor

I'm replying to my own post - Issue resolved thanks to Tomas

Postby Kimmy.K » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:46 pm

In case anyone reads my post concerning Pocomail and Fusemail passwords, I wanted to let you know how it turned out.

Tomas had answered my wordy request for help, through the Hotmail address I had contacted him with.

He quickly helped me realize I had changed the password in my main fusemail account only .... I had not changed the password in each of my four Fusemail accounts... each seperate account, not just the one main account.

Seems simple to me now, but at the time I was baffled and frustrated. I was so sure it was going to be something painfully complex.

I want to express my thanks and appreciation for Tomas. He has helped me again; as he has done before.... such as when he helped me set up Poco the first time, when I was making bumbling mistakes and freaking out right and left.
I really like how he explains things and gives me clear directions.
I truly appreciate this excellent moderator/teacher.

He is patient, tenacious (in a good way), dedicated and very smart!

Thank you, again, Tomas!!
Kimmy.K
Drop-in Visitor

Re: I'm replying to my own post - Issue resolved thanks to T

Postby Eric » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:33 am

Kimmy.K wrote:He is patient, tenacious (in a good way), dedicated and very smart!
Agreed, he's doing a terrific job in providing support. 8)
BTW He's not a moderator, only a disguised forum member. :lol:
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To