[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Mailbox for Marked as... only?

Mailbox for Marked as... only?

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Mailbox for Marked as... only?

Postby bball » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:50 am

Ok, here´s what I would love to accomplish with Poco:

I want to mark messages as e.g. "Reply" or "Follow Up" and I want these messages to automatically go into a separate mailbox. Either the message itself, a copy of it or just a link like the massages in the "New Mail" mailbox. Is this possible? I haven´t been able to find an event "OnMarkAs" or something similar but maybe there is another way to do this? I tend to forget replying to messages and if those marked as "Reply" would automatically go into a certain folder I could configure a timed event to remind me every so often.
Any ideas?

Jens
bball
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Hogyt » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:48 am

I don't think it's possible with events but it should be possible to do it via a script. You could set it up as a button so that you click on it, it marks the current message and copies it to another mailbox. Heres an example script:

Code: Select all
External $userdata1 "Marking to use (eg. 1=reply, 2=follow up)" "1"
External $userdata2 "Mailbox to copy email to %mailboxes%" "Draft"
MarkMessage %message $userdata1
SaveMessage %message $userdata2

Save it as whatever you like and change the marking and destination mailbox in "Setup Script". It saves a copy of the marked email instead of moving it. Is that the kind of routine you're after?
Mat
Hogyt
Poco Enthusiast

Postby bball » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:35 am

Wow. Thanks a lot! That´s almost what I was looking for. it would be perfect if only the copied message in the target folder would be marked, not both of them. Would make it a little easier to unmark it with an OnReply Event Other than that it´s great! Thanks!
bball
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Hogyt » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:46 am

Glad to help :) You could add "MarkMessage %message 0" to the end which will clear the marking of the selected message. If the message was already marked you'll lose that marking though.
Mat
Hogyt
Poco Enthusiast

Postby bball » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:56 am

Great, that´s it! Thanks a lot, this really helps!
bball
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Pete » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:38 am

Actually, I wouldn't think that the original version of the script would change the original message because it doesn't save the original message (just a copy of it).

Also, besides Mat's great suggestion, another option is to not let Pocomail automatically mark messages as read (even though you read them) -- see "Tools > Options > Reading Mail" and disable "Mark Messages Read After". Although not as flexible, this method does have the advantage that you can see at a glance which mailboxes in the mailbox pane contain unresolved messages because of the little blue numbers in parentheses.

To do this, you'd probably want to setup a toolbar button that marks the currently selected message(s) as read (when you're finally done with the message).

Or perhaps a combination of the methods would be useful.
Pete

Postby Hogyt » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:41 am

Nice idea! Far more elegant than my kludge. It looks like MarkMessage doesn't require saving the message to change its marking.
Mat
Hogyt
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Pete » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:54 am

Ah, I just checked. You're right, Mat. :)

That seems very wrong to me (inconsistent with the other Pocoscript commands).
Pete

Postby Hogyt » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:01 am

It does seem inconsistent Pete but maybe it's because the message itself doesn't need to be saved (the marking is stored in the .idx file and not the .mbx).
Mat
Hogyt
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Pete » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:52 am

Maybe it's also stored in the .idx file, but PM does add the "X-Mark" header to the message itself.
Pete

Postby Pete » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:59 am

Also, there's another possible way to do this (although I've never tried this). Using either the script version (or create a filter version instead), one could create an OnAdd event for the target mailbox that calls the script/filter. This way, one could hold the Ctrl key (to copy) while dragging the message to the target mailbox instead of (or in addition to) using a toolbar button. This should also prevent the marking of the original message (I say should because you never know until you try it :) ).
Pete

Postby Hogyt » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:03 pm

Pete wrote:Maybe it's also stored in the .idx file, but PM does add the "X-Mark" header to the message itself.

I've never noticed that before. I was looking for it when doing the script above. Thanks for pointing that out and you're right (as usual ;-)) it is inconsistent! Here's a slight improvement which preserves the original marking of the message:

Code: Select all
External $userdata1 "Marking to use (eg. 1=reply, 2=follow up)" "1"
External $userdata2 "Mailbox to copy email to %mailboxes%" "Draft"
ReadHeader $mark "X-Mark:" %message
Set #oldmark 0
If $mark = "" Then Jump
Set #oldmark $mark
:Jump
MarkMessage %message $userdata1
SaveMessage %message $userdata2
MarkMessage %message #oldmark

Your filter/OnAdd event sounds good too Pete!
Mat
Hogyt
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To