[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - User Access controls

User Access controls

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

User Access controls

Postby blakelyg » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:00 am

Have just installed Windows 7 and Pocomail actually displays better than on my Vista system (fixes some of the cosmetic display issues).

I have the user access control set to only notify me when Program tries to make changes to the Computer (system changes etc). Have it set up to not dim desktop etc. I know the issue when installing and that is great (I actually like that feature), but when Pocomail is sitting idle in the background, what changes is it trying to make that would result in the UAC (I am logged in as admin BTW) popping up and saying that changes are being made?

I hit no and it still works fine. Hitting yes appears to have no effect (negative or otherwise), that I can see

Thanks

G
blakelyg
Resident Poster

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:01 am

Don't know what changes it would make on Win 7, but on Vista my UAC is active and it does never pop-up for Barca Pro. :roll:

Doesn't the UAC show what changes are being made to your system?
If however you used a HIPS, it would display the info for it.

Maybe someone else can explain it. :wink:
Eric

Postby blakelyg » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:39 pm

Eric wrote:Don't know what changes it would make on Win 7, but on Vista my UAC is active and it does never pop-up for Barca Pro. :roll:

Doesn't the UAC show what changes are being made to your system?
If however you used a HIPS, it would display the info for it.

Maybe someone else can explain it. :wink:

Microsoft in its infinite wisdom only shows the program (including path) that is trying to make a change. Do not use a Host Intrusion Prevention program of any kind (other than Windows Security which does not really count ). I upgraded (kept all system settings etc) my Vista X64 system and it never popped up when using Vista - I too had UAC enabled. I had lowered the security level when it happened in Win7 and still get the error message. Both Windows and Poco are original licensed versions.
blakelyg
Resident Poster

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To