[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Address book woes

Address book woes

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Address book woes

Postby snave » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:50 am

I'm using v3.1.0.1880 and have developed address book problems. Specifically, I cannot move addresses from the main Address group to two sub-groups since they do not show up in the Move To menu. All I can do is create links in the two sub-groups by dragging and dropping. Everything worked for awhile because I have five groups with addresses in each of them. Two of the groups contain 5 and 33 addresses but do not show up in the Move To menu. Nor do these two groups show up when I hit the spinner at the top of the Address pane. If I add a new group, it shows up in the Address pane but does not show up in the Move To menu.
I've tried everything I know to do but nothing works.

Can anyone help? Thanks.
snave
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Michael » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:52 pm

Perhaps there's a terminology problem here but "groups" have a specific meaning within Poco.

The "Move to" and "Copy to" context menu (right click menU) items allow you to move/copy entries between address books, not to groups. The only ways you can add an address to a group is:
1. Drag and drop
2. Filters (add sender to group action)
3. Scripts
4. Context menu item within the preview pane (right click on an email address and select "Add address to group")
5. From the "Report on address" window
6. Directly from the group properties window (this is currently broken in 1880 but has been reported as a bug)

Note: There may be other methods, these are the ones that readily come to mind for me.
Michael

Postby snave » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:11 am

Thanks. It didn't occur to me that all the folders in the Address book weren't the same.
I'll check it out and see if I can do it like it should have been done.
snave
Drop-in Visitor

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To