[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Text in some saved emails missing

Text in some saved emails missing

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Text in some saved emails missing

Postby ianw » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:42 pm

I'm using Pocomail V4.8 x32 Pro.

When I get emails that are important, receipts of transactions I save them into their relevant folders for that transaction so that I have them if required.

This has just happened, a website is telling lies about shipping and other things.

I have 9 relevant emails saved, but, 5 have no text in the body of the emails, only 4 emails are OK.

This isn't the first time that this has happened, I got it with the previous version of Poco in Vista x32.

I click on the email to be saved, only 1 at a time, then I go into the "FILE" menu, then "Save Message", then I select "Single file with short headers".

Of the 3 choices which is best,
1 As EML files
2 Single file with short headers
or
3 Single file with Full Headers.

Or is there a setting elsewhere in Poco to fix this problem. I went through the Options, Customise and Accounts but did not see any settings that would look as if they might fix the problem.

Has anyone any ideas please.

Many thanks lads.
ianw

Postby MarkB » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:32 am

If by "folder" you mean a PocoMail mailbox, don't use Save Message; rather, just move or copy the message to the target folder.

If you mean a Windows folder, outside PocoMail, and you want to be able to open the saved file in an email client, or drag it back to the PocoMail UI, use Save Message | As EML File(s). To view files previously saved via To Single File with Short Headers or To Single File with Full Headers, drag them to Notepad. If the original message was in HTML format, rename the saved file with a .html extension and double-click it.
MarkB
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To