[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - BCC and CC don't seem to work

BCC and CC don't seem to work

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

BCC and CC don't seem to work

Postby catman915 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:41 am

I'm trying to use BCC and CC by sending a message from one of four accounts I have setup to the other three. When I check messages all the mail is to the same account(the one in the To box) ie; no message is apparently sent to the other two accounts that are in the BCC and CC boxes when it was sent. Would appreciate any help. Thanks
catman915
Poco Tourist

Postby ianw » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:50 pm

Mucky Duck <mucky@duck.com>, Mike <mike@internet.com>, ianw <this.co.uk>, Billy <me@here.com>, him<there@BT.net>

Those addresses are false, they are only to show the correct syntax for BCC.
There is a space between the "," and the next username.
ianw

Postby catman915 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:25 am

Sorry but I don't understand. How would I send a message to a list of people in the "BCC" mode as well as the original in the "TO" box. thanks
catman915
Poco Tourist

Postby ianw » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:58 pm

In the BCC "box" where you enter the email addresses this is how you do that.

Mucky Duck <mucky@duck.com>, Mike <mike@internet.com>, ianw <this.co.uk>, Billy <me@here.com>, him<there@BT.net>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enter an email address :- Mucky Duck <mucky@duck.com>

Enter the next address like this :-
Mucky Duck <mucky@duck.com>, Mike <mike@internet.com>

Enter the next one :- Mucky Duck <mucky@duck.com>, Mike <mike@internet.com>, ianw <this.co.uk>

etc etc

Copy or move the text or whatever you want to send into the body of the email and send it.

If, after you enter the email addresses you want to save it, go to
"FILE" menu, click on "Save to Template", give it a name and thats it. When you want to use it again go into "NEW" menu in Pocomail and select "New Message from Template" and if you have more than 1 saved select the one you want and enter your message into it and send it.
ianw

Postby catman915 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:00 am

Thanks. That's what I did and I was trying to test it using my own accounts as the recipients but I guess it won't work that way because I was expecting to receive it on each of the accounts in the BCC box but that didn't happen. I have since just done as you said and sent it to a number of family members and received responses from them. Don't understand why I can't test on my own accounts but it works the other way. Merry Christmas and thanks again.
catman915
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To