[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Looking for explanation of how Contacts works?

Looking for explanation of how Contacts works?

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Looking for explanation of how Contacts works?

Postby BlownUp » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:05 pm

I just tried to reorganize my Contacts and ran into an oddity. I currently have two "books" and each book has a couple of "groups". I created a new book by going to "Manage Books" and clicking "Add" typed the name and clicked "Save". I then moved some of the groups via drag and drop to from one of the old books to the new book and everything looked ok. The next time I opened Pocomail my new book and all the groups and addresses moved to it were not listed under contacts. When I went to "Manage Books" the new book was still listed there. I looked in the directory where the ini files are stored and no ini file had been created for the new book.

I was able to recover the addresses by copying the ini files from a backup into the proper directory. But the name for the newly created book was still in the "Manage Books" list. I deleted it and was back to where I was before starting. I created another new book and it did not create the associated ini file. I then manually added an address and the ini file for the book was created. After that it seems I can move groups to the new book and they stay. Any ideas or explanation for what is going on?
BlownUp
New Arrival

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To