[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Synchronize Gmail Contacts

Synchronize Gmail Contacts

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Synchronize Gmail Contacts

Postby richard123 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:31 am

Hi,

Has anyone got a script that synchronizes gmail contacts with Pocomail? I have been looking at the Google API and thinking it must be possible, but I don't have the time to learn and then do it myself.

What I want to achieve is to complete the trio: I have contacts syncing between my Blackberry and Gmail. I just need it to sync with Poco as well.

I was looking at Thunderbird as an alternative, as there's an extension for that. But TB does not yet have an extension that automatically changes the respond-from address based on the incoming To address, which means it's a hassle to remember to set the right From address.

Other than that failing, I think TB looks very good. Trustedbird is also of interest. Does anyone know what the "downsides" of TB is when coming from Pocomail? I don't use any kind of advanced scripting - just filters.
richard123
New Arrival

Postby Tomas » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:03 am

There is no Gmail contacts sync that I'm aware of I'm sorry.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Wishlist

Postby MonBidoux » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:14 am

There may be no automatic option to use a specific account in TB, but I don't see the issue as being that important.
When you reply, just click down the list of your accounts and choose which one you want to use.

Managing contacts seems (at least to me) much easier to manage with Thunderbird than Barca.

Syncing with GMail is almost a must these days.
Be it contacts or feeds...

Here's an extension i find works quite well for TB with regards to contacts sync with GMail's:
http://gcontactsync.mozdev.org/
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To