[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - mail mover

mail mover

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

mail mover

Postby ente » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:12 am

Hello,

while most of the time I manage to empty the IN folder every day, that means that the answer to the incoming mail has been written and the incoming mail moved into the proper folder, the SEND Folder gets bigger and bigger because there is not enough time to move also my answer in to the folder it belongs - normaly it is the same folder, in which I have moved the incoming mail.

What I would like to have is a script or a filter which autmates this process, either on a mail by mail basis, that means, when the incoming mail has been moved to its final folder, the answer gets moved over there as well, or, may be better, at the end of the day, some kind of batch process moves the mails left in the SEND folder to the appropriate folder.

Has anybody solved that problem already? Or would that overburden Pocomail?

Ente
ente
Resident Poster

Re: mail mover

Postby Eric » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:28 am

ente wrote:What I would like to have is a script or a filter which autmates this process, either on a mail by mail basis, that means, when the incoming mail has been moved to its final folder, the answer gets moved over there as well, or, may be better, at the end of the day, some kind of batch process moves the mails left in the SEND folder to the appropriate folder.
If you create a contact from that mail, you can drop that contact on a folder of your choice. Incoming and outgoing filter will be created automatically, unless specified otherwise. See Tools > Options > Drag & Drop Settings.

:idea: Also when those filters are created, you can run them manually on that Sent folder. Tools > Filter Selected Messages > Outgoing.
Make sure to select the messages first, prior to running it manually.

No need to use a script. :)

Hope that helps. ;)
Eric

Re: mail mover

Postby ente » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:24 am

Eric wrote:
ente wrote:What I would like to have is a script or a filter which autmates this process, either on a mail by mail basis, that means, when the incoming mail has been moved to its final folder, the answer gets moved over there as well, or, may be better, at the end of the day, some kind of batch process moves the mails left in the SEND folder to the appropriate folder.
If you create a contact from that mail, you can drop that contact on a folder of your choice. Incoming and outgoing filter will be created automatically, unless specified otherwise. See Tools > Options > Drag & Drop Settings.

:idea: Also when those filters are created, you can run them manually on that Sent folder. Tools > Filter Selected Messages > Outgoing.
Make sure to select the messages first, prior to running it manually.

No need to use a script. :)

Hope that helps. ;)

Eric, thank you. Yes it helps - but only in the case, where the process is contact oriented...

But I'm looking for a case oriented solution:

For "standard" cases I'm organised rather good, to give you an example (of about 20 different ones):

Mr. X orders a book - I have a script which moves this order in the folder ORDER2010 and sends a confirmation to Mr. X and makes a copy of that confirmation and places it in the folder CONFIRMATION

But I would like to have a solution for all not standard cases, like

Mr. X wants to sell me a book which I'm not interested in. - I reply by using a an auto-text. His offer I move into the folder OFFERwithoutInterest - but my answer is left in in the SEND folder.

Mr. X wants a book which I don't have. I reply by using an auto-text telling him that I don't have the book right now but that I have taken note of his interest and will inform him as soon that I habe found a copy of that book. His request I move into the folder WANTLIST - but my answer is left in the SEND folder...

Mr. X let's me know that he is coming to see me. I reply with an individual mail. His mail I will move into the folder CLIENTsVARIA - but my answer is left in de SEND folder

etc...

What I would like to have is something which moves my answers automatically in the folder where I have placed the incoming mails

Thank you,
ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby Tomas » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:29 pm

The only possibilities I could think of so far is:

a] move the message first, then reply to it
obviously that's not very comfortable, but it will open the possibility of using the $currentmailbox variable in the script

b] use codes in a subject (that's common, anywhere else might be possible too), eg. [OWI] for OfferWithoutInterest, then you could use post-send filter based on the code in the subject to move the message to corresponding folder after it was sent

c] use a reply template for each specific special handling case
that would work in conjunction with the b] so that you don't have to type code manually, or perhaps (I didn't test it but assume it shall work) you could make the template to use a custom header, which will not be visible directly to the customer (unless he likes to view raw message sources)

then you could filter based on the code or on the custom header

d] similar to above, you could use a custom header manually, when you reply to a message click View button in the top right part of the window and enable User Header. Choice will be remembered for the future.
Now whenever you have such special case, you could type in the special header and value eg. X-whateveryoulike for header and OWI for value.
Then use filters to filter out such messages.

e] if the auto-text text is unique enough, you could use that in the post-send filter too

Please let me know if I did some mistake above, can clarify something or help you bring one of those from an idea to a working solution.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

mail mover

Postby ente » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:59 am

Tomas wrote:c] use a reply template for each specific special handling case
that would work in conjunction with the b] so that you don't have to type code manually, or perhaps (I didn't test it but assume it shall work) you could make the template to use a custom header, which will not be visible directly to the customer (unless he likes to view raw message sources)
then you could filter based on the code or on the custom header

d] similar to above, you could use a custom header manually, when you reply to a message click View button in the top right part of the window and enable User Header. Choice will be remembered for the future.
Now whenever you have such special case, you could type in the special header and value eg. X-whateveryoulike for header and OWI for value.
Then use filters to filter out such messages.

e] if the auto-text text is unique enough, you could use that in the post-send filter too

Please let me know if I did some mistake above, can clarify something or help you bring one of those from an idea to a working solution.

Tomas, thank you,
lots of good ideas! Since I use plenti of autotext, and every one of them is in some parts unique enough to be used in a postsend filter I will work in that direction. Best of cause would be, if I could make use of the autotext shortcut. Is there another (more elegant) way to make use of it, apart of simply add it to the inserted autotext?

Some of the other propositions sound very interesting as well - only I dont understand them fully...

What is:
custom header

How works:
click View button in the top right part of the window and enable User Header (...)

(I don't know what a 'user header? is and where I can find it, resp. how I can create it)

What I found was: Open template - Open template body - Add template body. I tried all htree - and got the feeling, that all three make the same: they insert the template

Thank you,
Götz
ente
Resident Poster

Postby Tomas » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:56 am

Every email message has a lots of headers, custom header is simply one that you define (ie. not a standard header). They usually come with X- prefix.
In the screenshot above if you click on View button, you can enable the menu item then to display User header (custom header = user header).

> Is there another (more elegant) way to make use of it, apart of simply add it to the inserted autotext?

As far as I'm aware autotext can't be used in any other way.

> What I found was: Open template - Open template body - Add template body. I tried all htree - and got the feeling, that all three make the same: they insert the template

There's I think a difference (without checking) that opens whole template incl. headers so that current text is overwritten, second will only open the body, third will add body to current text
So that for the usage case I suggested only the first one could be used (because it would include headers).
Though in that case you'll probably use it directly from here instead:

Not sure if I mentioned already, you can also use some custom special codes directly in the body of the message, eg. make them part of the autotext (if that will not look too strange).
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To