[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Error:"could not write to the registry,

Error:"could not write to the registry,

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Error:"could not write to the registry,

Postby cooldep » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:32 am

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to write. I have Windows 7 Home Prem. I use POCO e-mail and everytime I open POCO I get an "Error" from POCO e-mail that say's "could not write to the registry,make sure you are logged on as administrator". Now under Users I am the Administrator.
Thank-You,
Paul
Thank-You,,Paul :-)

Dell Dimension E-510
Dual Core, Win 7
2 GB of Ram, Comcast
Cable Internet
cooldep
Poco Tourist

Re: Error:"could not write to the registry,

Postby Eric » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:04 pm

cooldep wrote:Hello, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to write.
Correct place to write it down. :D
I have Windows 7 Home Prem. I use POCO e-mail and everytime I open POCO I get an "Error" from POCO e-mail that say's "could not write to the registry,make sure you are logged on as administrator". Now under Users I am the Administrator.
I guess it's the same as Vista.
Although you're logged in as Administrator, you still don't have Administrator rights. It's restricted.

In Vista you've to start Poco as Administrator. Right-click on Poco and Run as Administrator.

If I'm wrong about this, could someone correct me, since I don't use Win 7. :?

Edit: Where did you install your mail and others?
If Program Files, that's secured, so you'll have to move that to another location.

Hope that helps Paul. ;)
Eric

Postby cooldep » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:09 pm

Okay Eric, I'll try that and see what happens with the error. I never did anything as an administrator. I always was the only person using my PC.
Thank You Eric,
~Paul

Dell Dimension E-510
Dual Core, Win 7
2 GB of Ram, Comcast
Cable Internet
cooldep
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:13 pm

cooldep wrote:Okay Eric, I'll try that and see what happens with the error. I never did anything as an administrator. I always was the only person using my PC.
Thank You Eric,
You're welcome Paul. ;)
If you missed my Edit, please have a look at it too.

Fine weekend to you & let me know what it gives. :)
Eric

Postby cooldep » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:29 pm

Edit: Where did you install your mail and others?
If Program Files, that's secured, so you'll have to move that to another location.

Eric, I'm sorry but I don't know what that Edit means :oops:

~Paul

Dell Dimension E-510
Dual Core, Win 7
2 GB of Ram, Comcast
Cable Internet
cooldep
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:48 pm

cooldep wrote:Eric, I'm sorry but I don't know what that Edit means :oops:
By that I mean that I added something to that post, which I forgot. :oops:

Also if your Mail folder and others is located in Program Files, then it will give problems, since Vista or Win 7 protect that folder and other sensitive areas.
Better to move it elsewhere.

For examples that Mail folder and other files is located on my D: drive.

Hope that clarifies it better. ;)
Eric

Re: Error:"could not write to the registry,

Postby vinylsol » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:47 pm

I had a similar problem tonight - Poco working fine until today when I suddenly got a message to say it wasn't the default mail program and when I tried to make it so was told that I needed to log in as an administrator, even though I am. This afternoon I installed the trial version of Microsoft Office and as that is the only change I'd made to my PC I can only assume that this caused the problem.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that after I found this thread I tried the right-click and 'Run as Administrator' solution and it appears to have worked beautifully so thanks very much Eric!
vinylsol
New Arrival

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To