[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - New Mail folder not displaying - Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

New Mail folder not displaying - Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

New Mail folder not displaying - Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Postby mystmoon » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:01 pm

I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and have successfully installed PocoMail 4.8 and got all data over, but newly downloaded mail does not appear in the New Mail folder. I have tried running PocoMail with administrator rights, but still have the same problem.

If I enable the Email Console alle new mail appears there, but the the New Mail folder under Special Folders contains nothing. From time to time I also get the message: "This folder is currently unavailable...." when I try to access the New Mail folder.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix it?
mystmoon
New Arrival

Re: New Mail folder not displaying - Windows 7 Ultimate 64bi

Postby Eric » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:15 am

Hi mystmoon & welcome to Poco Forums :D ,
mystmoon wrote:Anyone have any ideas how to fix it?
No idea on how to fix it, but it could be due to Win 7.
Meaning Poco isn't yet fully compatible with it.

See also This folder is currently unavailable...

Other then that I don't have a clue, sorry. ;)
Eric

Postby Tomas » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:03 pm

Hi mystmoon please use menu Help > Email support to send support request.

Such problem could happen if you have your data folders in a location that's not recommended for Windows 7 (under Program Files path), though in that case it's strange the problem would be with NewMail folder, In folder is the one most affected by that.
That could happen particularly if you transferred your data in any other way than making new Pocomail installation and doing restore (File > Backup and Restore > Restore).

Also try to select NewMail folder and run compression through menu Folder > Compress Folder, though that will probably not help, at least not for a long time.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby robin » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:36 am

I run Pocomail under Win 7 64-bit and I don't see this problem so it is not a general problem with Win 7.

How did you do the transfer? Did you let Poco set it up as a new installation and then copy the data into the same location which is what I did?

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Pocomail
robin

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To