[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - How to setup Email command

How to setup Email command

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

How to setup Email command

Postby Antonio47 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:40 pm

Hi to all,

I would appreciate if somebody can tell me how to setup the program command line parameters for the virus scan:

My settings:

Windows operating system: 7
PocoMail version: 4.80
Virus program: MSE Microsoft Essential Security

On PocoMail: the Network Settings:
1- Ticked the scan incoming files for virus
2- On the virus scanner i included the following:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\msseces.exe

3 - On the Command line parameters box:
I don't know what to include.

Many thanks in advance.

Tony
Antonio47
New Arrival

Re: How to setup Email command

Postby Eric » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:35 pm

Hi Tony & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
Antonio47 wrote:I would appreciate if somebody can tell me how to setup the program command line parameters for the virus scan: <snip>
No need to include anything.
Test it out: GFI Email Security Testing Zone

MSE will show a pop-up when something is blocked, although not everything from that test will be blocked. :?

Hope that helps. ;)
Eric

Thanks

Postby Antonio47 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:39 pm

Hi Eric, many thanks for the prompt reply.
I followed your instructions and your recommendations is working fine.

I take this opportunity to ask you my last problem as follow:

1- Despite following various suggestions listed in this forum HOW TO SETUP PocoMail as the default email program for WINDOWS 7, I can solve the problem.

For example if browsing in internet and click on a contact us link, the Pocomail (nor any other email program) is NOT loading.

Many thanks in advance for some help.

Thanks again
Tony
Antonio47
New Arrival

Re: Thanks

Postby Eric » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:09 am

Antonio47 wrote:Hi Eric, many thanks for the prompt reply.
I followed your instructions and your recommendations is working fine.
You're welcome Tony. ;)
Nowadays it's not needed anymore, since those antivirus programs do it automatically.
1- Despite following various suggestions listed in this forum HOW TO SETUP PocoMail as the default email program for WINDOWS 7, I can solve the problem.

For example if browsing in internet and click on a contact us link, the Pocomail (nor any other email program) is NOT loading.
See Problem with handling of "Mailto" command ... for more information.
Don't know if those tips will work and I don't have the possibility to test it out. Still on Vista here. :?

Good luck with it. ;)
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To