[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - FuseMail changes caused all my Poco4 accounts to disappear

FuseMail changes caused all my Poco4 accounts to disappear

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

FuseMail changes caused all my Poco4 accounts to disappear

Postby Kimmy.K » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:34 am

Hello. I have used PocoMail 4 for almost 2 years now... and I really like it!

My email provider is FuseMail.

A few days ago I sat down to check my email as usual. When I opened Poco ALL my accounts were gone! There are no references to any of my accounts, preference settings, contacts, etc.... all gone. :shock:
I was looking at a basic start up screen for new customers... and a pop up window instantly appeared offering me the option to begin setting up accounts or to check out the latest version of Poco.

I knew this loss of my accounts was probably not Poco's fault at all, but that the root of the problem was with Fusemail.
I logged into my Fusemail account (which I had not done in months, since I always just use Poco to open and organize my email).
When my Fusemail account opened, it looked different to me.... there had been changes, a new format?, a new screen layout with some new options. It was different.

Because of a Fusemail billing issue last month, I had found out (through a phone call) that Fusemail recently was sold and is now under new management. The new management must have initiated some changes which affected my Fusemail; because,
when I logged into Fusemail, I could not find my FuseMail email accounts/mail boxes either!

I called FuseMail and spoke to a Support Tech. who confirmed for me that there had been some new, recent, changes to Fusemail. He helped me find where my 4 mailboxes where hiding, and I found that my main email account is still active, as are my other three email boxes.
So I am relieved to know that at least my Fusemail account and boxes are still open and active.
But the Support Tech. did agree that whatever changes Fusemail had recently made had somehow, likely, been the cause of the loss of my PocoMail 4 set up.

As a result, my Fusemail and PocoMail are no longer "attatched".

I really like PocoMail 4, and I used to really like the way I had Poco all set up. I miss Poco already ...and I hate the Fusemail screens and their format and lay out.
I want Poco back....

Since all my previous Poco settings are gone, and I am apparently going to have to start over, I went ahead and downloaded the latest version PocoMail 4.8.

Now I have to set up my accounts again.

My ignorance required alot of help just to set it up the first time...
step by step.

Right now, I only know to open "Accounts"... and I have typed in an Account Display name and I have chosen POP as my account type.
I went to the next General stage (Personal Info) and typed in "Name" and "Email".

Now I am stuck at "Server Settings".... Incoming Server.
I do not know what to type in.... I have forgotten.... and I don't know how to find out.

A big concern I have is this : when I originally had Poco set up (almost two years ago) there was a set up problem which baffled the Poco Tech at first, .... it was a hassle, but the Poco heldesk Tech. figured it all out and helped me so much. He finally discovered that the problem was with the ports .... with which port worked for me.
If I remember correctly, I think my Internet router had something to do with this.

So considering the hassle I had originally setting up Poco, I am wearied at the thought of going through all that again. But having PocoMail back again is worth whatever set up I have to go through.

I need help with the basic set up .... Incoming and Outgoing Server info., whether to tick the "Enable Secure Connection (SSL)" box,
Incoming & Outgoing server port numbers....etc.

I am still able to send and receive email through Fusemail, so yesterday I was able to email Poco Systems Helpdesk with a request for help.
Today I checked and I had receievd 12 responses (all sent at 9:45pm) from Poco Systems helpdesk. Each response has the same brief message but each has a different "Request access key number". (whatever that is) This baffles me.

I have downloaded the latest version, PocoMail 4.8. and I have set up the "skin" and customized color preferences. Now I am just waiting for help with setting up accounts.

I guess I am hoping that someone from Poco help will phone me and be willing to help me, step by step, through the basic Accounts set up.

There is no huge rush since I can still send and receive email through FuseMail; but I really miss Poco. :cry:

I suppose I contacted this forum hoping that I could glean some answers that would enable to make a little more progress with Accounts set up, on my own.
For example, since FuseMail is my email provider, can you tell me what I should type in the "Incoming Server" space.... and then the next line asks for username & password.... does that mean the username and Password I use to login to FuseMail? or Poco?

Maybe someone could answer a few of these questions through email communication with me.... or do i need to wait for someone at Poco helpdesk to call me?

I am a big fan of PocoMail! I realize this even more now that I cannot use it.

~ Kimmy.K
Kimmy.K
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:38 am

Hi Kimmy I'm in progress on this and will reply through helpdesk.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To