[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - How many filters does Poco accept

How many filters does Poco accept

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

How many filters does Poco accept

Postby ente » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:27 am

Eric,
yesterday I got an Access Violation (unfortunately I lost the paper on which I had noted the address). I went with that number into the help forum and found a correspondence you had some time ago with someone who got the same AV.
There you recomended to move the filters.ini in another folder and you mentioned, that he makes a "heavy use of filters". While in that case, this did not help, for me it worked!
I then edited the filters.ini and deleted one single filter (in the incoming section), brought the file back to Poco - and it still worked! No more AV!

Is there a limit for the number of filters? For the file in all? or for every section?
I have 52 for incoming, 10 for outging 0 for prefetch and 22 for postsending. The file has 18 KB.
Is that to much?
Or was this only a happy coincidence that deleting one filter helped to prevent AV?
ente
If yes - I hope that in the next version of Poco there are more allowed! Filters are such a great thing and I was planning to add at least another 20 to the postsending section
ente
Resident Poster

Re: How many filters does Poco accept

Postby Eric » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:44 am

ente wrote:Is there a limit for the number of filters? For the file in all? or for every section?
I have 52 for incoming, 10 for outging 0 for prefetch and 22 for postsending. The file has 18 KB.
Is that to much?
That's not much. Mine is 122 kb.
AFAIK there's no limit to the filters, although you better not make your filter criteria to extensive. Two criteria per filter is more then enough.
Or was this only a happy coincidence that deleting one filter helped to prevent AV?
See above.
Could be that deleting that filter cured it, although not certain.
If yes - I hope that in the next version of Poco there are more allowed! Filters are such a great thing and I was planning to add at least another 20 to the postsending section
No restriction as mentionned above. Never counted mine and it does an excellent job. :)
Eric

Re: How many filters does Poco accept

Postby ente » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:45 am

Eric wrote:
ente wrote:Is there a limit for the number of filters? For the file in all? or for every section?
Is that to much?
That's not much. Mine is 122 kb.
AFAIK there's no limit to the filters, although you better not make your filter criteria to extensive. Two criteria per filter is more then enough.
See above.
Could be that deleting that filter cured it, although not certain.
No restriction as mentionned above. Never counted mine and it does an excellent job. :)

Eric,
thank you very much. 122 kb - in that case I will move on creating more and more and more...
Ente
ente
Resident Poster

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To