[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Encrypting email

Encrypting email

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Encrypting email

Postby Rilla927 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:25 pm

Hi, just installed Poco Mail and it works beautifully.

I found the encrption once but I can't find it again; I know it's in front of me but I can't find.

Regarding encrption: From what I understand when we store the messages in our account it is encrypted if you have it enabled. Am I correct on that? Messages that came in previous (before encryption) will not be encrypted.

Email messages will be encrypted on our HD's as they are stored.

This program is a delight!! I love it.
~Rilla927~
Rilla927
Drop-in Visitor

Postby luxor » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:27 pm

Hi Rilla927

The only thing that springs to mind is if you right click on a folder and select Properties then the Privacy Tab. You have the option to protect the folder with a password. Is that what you are looking for?

If it is something else you mean then no doubt someone else will be along shortly to give you the relevant info
luxor
Resident Poster

Re: Encrypting email

Postby blakelyg » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:13 am

Rilla927 wrote:Hi, just installed Poco Mail and it works beautifully.

I found the encrption once but I can't find it again; I know it's in front of me but I can't find.

Regarding encrption: From what I understand when we store the messages in our account it is encrypted if you have it enabled. Am I correct on that? Messages that came in previous (before encryption) will not be encrypted.

Email messages will be encrypted on our HD's as they are stored.

This program is a delight!! I love it.

Go to the Tool Accounts setup then click on a specific account - click the edit button.
From the list on the left side click on the Privacy tab - you will see the encryption info for the account and whether to encrypt incoming outgoing or both.
Hope that helps.

Gord
blakelyg
Resident Poster

Postby Poconut » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:50 am

Yes, it did. Thank you
~Poconut~
Poconut
Drop-in Visitor

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To